Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coffee anyone

Coffee anyone

Pull up a chair and share what's your brand. Mine is BLACK really don't matter what brand. When I left for the Army in 72 my dad told me ; "son your going to learn to drink coffee now" I found out what he meant soon enough. When I had to go out in the field for weeks at a time. No sugar or cream. So ever since Black for me. 2 - 3 days old all the better.
    Rot Gut Mud !
    For some strange reason when I do go into a stair bucks or some shop like that. I get a kick out of standing behind someone who order one of them designer coffee's with the works and while that are waiting I simply answer Black, not gronda but Large, and have it in my hand and walking out while the designer dude is tapping his foot waiting for his $5 cup of candy.

BTW summer time It's Ice coffee ! Just put the Ice in till it dumps over the side please.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

I drink mine with a little creamer in it now... mostly because it's handy... I learned to drink coffee in the Navy... the last ship I was on, the mess cooks would make up a 30 gallon pot first thing in the morning... they didn't make coffee again until it ran out. We only had a crew of 107, including officers who had their own mess, so coffee lasted a while.... sometimes you could just whistle and the coffee would bring you it's own cup...

my last job, the boss complained that his coffee expense doubled after I came on board... I worked with a cup of coffee sitting on my desk for nearly 35 years while I was in the traffic/transportation industry. Even had one of those little hot plates you sit on your desk to keep the cup hot. I've cut back to only one or two cups in the morning now.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Black, and yes Uncle Sam taught me to drink coffee as well.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Black, handmade antique style cup, modern warmer.
    Need my caffeine fix for 3 to 4 hours in a.m. then don't drink coffee for rest of day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails coffee cup.jpg  
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Frank if the morning get really busy and I forget where I put my cup and then find it anytime in the afternoon , it could be while closing up I'll finish it off. LOL Just don't like leaving a cup of Joe stranded.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.

just a little milk or cream in mine. Always 2 mugs in the morning another around 10 am one around 4pm.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

well so far no one has had there "man card" revoked I know there is a candy coffee drinker on here. Probably lives in California and works hanging pictures.

I read a while back where studies show coffee helps prevent prostrate cancer. I upped you dosage! Always have drank it black unless I need a laxative, then I add cream and sugar. Works every time.
    Last edited by Paul Douglass; 07-22-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    "We the People ......"

I take mine black, and I'll have 6 to 8 cups a day, I also drink a lot of ice tea in the summer, with no sugar thank you, but I must draw the line when it comes to ice coffee.

I love black coffee, more so made in a percolator pot, but my wife gets the flavored stuff from the store, so have to have a little milk in it.

The institute has a big fancy automatic coffee machine with a local boutique coffee. Been getting some iced coffee from it this summer. I don't typically drink milk unless it's in cereal, so it's actually been good for me, my joins aren't as achy lately.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault