Glue-stained shirt

If this is in the wrong place, I hope someone in charge will move it.

I'm working on a cutting board, following Vaughn's tutorial on 3-D boards. Yesterday, wanting to glue one more set of strips before I went out for the day, I got some Titebond II on a good cotton T-shirt, and didn't notice 'til it hardened.

Tried some Shout on it, with no success. Does anyone know how to deal with this issue, short of adding the shirt to the workclothes drawer?

Thanks, Tony

Tony, try working the glue out with white vinegar. I've had success doing it that way, but it took a bit of scrubbing.

Sorry Tony, no help from me, though I will be watching this in hopes of learning something.

I asked my wife. Big mistake :doh::doh::doh: I've heard all the complaining I can take in one day about ruined shirts and pants :(:(

:rofl::rofl::rofl: no complaining from my better half...she gave up years ago and now buys me the 2 for $5 T's when they're on sale a Kaymarts or wallyworld...She can be a smarty-pants too...one time she caught me wearing a new shirt in the shop, and she began with the usual questions as in "whatcha working on"? "who's it for, anyone I know"? and at the same time, unbeknownst to me, she put some glue on her hand, walked up to me{with her hand hidden} and said..."here let me help you", well...I'm sure you can guess what she did with her hand....yeah she got me good, but I got her right back...I told her that was 'staining glue' and she'd be sporting it for weeks as it doesn't wash off :rofl: never a dull moment :D

According to the MSDS for this it is Methyl Cellulose and Acetic acid. In other word vinegar in a cellulose carrier to make a paste. Rather than give them 10 bucks, I'd go get a jug of vinegar and experiment. Worst thing that can happen is the shirt goes in the rag bag.:wave:

Yep...let it soak a bit to soften the glue a bit, then scrub with a brush. Or at least that's how it worked for me.

I never wear a good shirt or pants to the shop... soon as I do, something that will stain, tear or otherwise destroy them will jump off the workbench onto them.:eek::eek::rofl::rofl:... strictly old clothes in the shop.:D