NOVA 2024 DVR

Remember the old Nova DVR head pivots so you can turn headstock work even larger than 20 inches. They offer an optional outboard tool rest that helps with larger pieces.

Interesting looking rig, Jeff. Good to see Teknatool pushing the state of their art ahead some more. :thumb:

Remember the old Nova DVR head pivots so you can turn headstock work even larger than 20 inches. They offer an optional outboard tool rest that helps with larger pieces.

True, but the outrigger tool rest supports are quite a bit more prone to vibration than the standard banjo and tool rest.

Interesting looking rig, Jeff. Good to see Teknatool pushing the state of their art ahead some more. :thumb:

True, but the outrigger tool rest supports are quite a bit more prone to vibration than the standard banjo and tool rest.

This is just one of the reasons.

I think I'll stick with turning large items off the end of the Grizzly G0698 when the time comes as they seem to have worked out the bugs in the VFD. It is 18" diameter & 47" between centers & falls between the Jet 1642 & the PM 3520B. And for $1400 & the fact that I can take delivery right at the source in Bellingham, I think it's pretty much a no brainer.

With the length of the G0698 I can build a nice roll around cabinet with drawers & maybe slide out shelves that would roll underneath the lathe when not in use.

Ever notice quite a few manufactures list their lathes a by swing & then length between centers & PM is just the opposite?

That looks good.

I bet Larry just can't wait to get his paws on this one.:rofl:

actually the contacted me to run a review of this 2 years ago before i had gotten the specialized training from vaughn,, at that time the weight to speed ratio was alittel off, it needed more speed to be effective for my use, i t did have the other part under control in that it would make a solid station to work from.. so my overall summary to them was that it need more speed and larger propeller to power my boat across large bodies of water, but ti did work very well to anchor my boat as a solid station to fish the particular hot spot i had wanted to fish at the time,, so it got a total score on the range of 5 fingers being the best score to a 2 fingers and 1 thumb,, it held me right where i dropped it over the side and it held me there long enough to catch a mess of fish:)

... it held me right where i dropped it over the side and it held me there long enough to catch a mess of fish:)

Sounds pretty useful, then, Larry!

Axtually, if you completely remove the headstock, banjo, and tailstock, the lathe bed makes a fairly decen outfeed rest for the tablesaw or planer.

See, lathes aren't COMPLETELY useless.:D:D:D

Sounds pretty useful, then, Larry!

Axtually, if you completely remove the headstock, banjo, and tailstock, the lathe bed makes a fairly decen outfeed rest for the tablesaw or planer.

See, lathes aren't COMPLETELY useless.:D:D:D

Jim the funny thing about your comment is that most turner's TS's are useful for stacking blanks, tools and shavings! See tablesaws aren't completely useless....:D:rofl::D