Thread: We're frying here, folks

Inside the Beltway

We're frying here, folks says it's 106 here, just outside your nation's capital. I've lived here 14 years, and never seen anything like this. These are Santa Ana temperatures, only plus the humidity.

All the time I spent in Houston, or Mobile, or anywhere along the Gulf Coast, it never got this hot. No thunderstorms in sight to cool us down. Please send large cubes of ice!

It's so bad, Doorlink closed all the windows and turned on the air conditioner. Thank goodness, because otherwise I'd be using fans to try to cool the house. With the outside air at 106!

new york city burbs
    yeah, its not getting better here either.
    when I woke up today, the upstairs ac has a temp reading on the outside, it said 69.
    The ac has been running, both of them upstairs all day and now the temp reading is 76.
    The problem like always is the humidity. ACs just stop working after a while it seems.

Los Angeles, CA
    Now I know why we tolerate the LA rush hour traffic.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Yes, right now over 106 in shade on west side of my house. One east, 'cool' side it is 103.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Oliver Springs, TN
    It's not near as hot here. The temps have been running in the mid to upper 90's, but my BIL's mom and dad are up from Florida and they are complaining about how hot it is here compared to FL. Go figure.

Dallas Texas

We just had day 26 of 100+ here in Dallas. I never thought I'd be saying "Come on winter".

Outside the beltway
    Bill you just haven't been here long enough The temps have been up there before around here.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

Bob Wiggins is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    140 miles west of tulsa
    What a difference 6 months makes. - 21F to + 113F. And since the heat doesn't seem to be changing patterns any time soon I decided to take advantage and cook in the crock pot outdoors. If one sets the pot out a few minutes in advance it pre-heats to about 160. Those BTUs would have been welcome indoors in Feb. but not now.