Thread: Cool resaw attachment for the bandsaw

Cape Cod, Ma.

Cool resaw attachment for the bandsaw

if it works as he says it does it would sure be quite a time saver and no more having to adjust the fence for drift....... seems to take all the pain and suffering out of resawing!

he has another vid resawing a piece of coa

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Looks pretty cool
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Tokyo Japan
    Great looking jig!

The guy should put something under that short leg on his saw, strange to see it bouncing around like that!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Reno NV
    So other than the method of holding the wood, whats the trick for controlling the drift? A good blade? Set up?
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Cape Cod, Ma.
    According to the rep there is no issue with drift with this set up because all the cutting is done on the teeth and there is nothing to cause the blade to twist.
    It looks easy enough to make in the shop. I may rig something up to see if the principle holds true

Santa Claus, In
    Neat jig, a guy could probably build something close. Good to see safety first in his shop
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

ABQ NM
    I have a log sawing sled for my bandsaw, and with that I do have to adjust the blade so it's not drifting left or right. Having a fresh sharp blade also makes a big difference in reducing the drift on my saw. (Most of my bandsaw cuts are done in t a circle doing turning blanks, so the blade tends to get a set in it after a while then all it wants to do is go in circles.

I like the track system this guy is using to move the miter slot. Looks like a slick way to resaw veneers. Gives me some ideas for my sled.

Attachment 58346
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
    That's a local company in my neck O the woods! But 1 st time I have seen the special table set-up. Probably be shown at this falls Wood Show. I have already heard the ads on the radio, as it's 9 weeks away Summer is going fast!
    in case you want one
    hobby woodworking since 1972

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Neat. I wondered about drift also.
    Never saw an adjustable table like that before. Lotsa ww stuff I haven't seen.
    His table was wobbly.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

GTA Ontario Canada
    So if i understand this video correctly the new addition is the sliding bandsaw table. The little gripper has been around for years.

I was gonna post a link back to Vaughns set up which i remember but he beat me to it.

So all i can see that is different is that in order to get consistent and controlable thickness of cuts the sliding table is used as opposed to trying to reset the log.

But i have seen home made versions where the log is mounted on a sled that slides on another base that tracks in the groove.
    That would alleviate the need for a sliding table or am i missing somthing.
    Last edited by Rob Keeble; 07-25-2011 at 02:45 PM.