Toothpick Holders

Here are a couple of toothpick holders that a lady asked me to make for gifts. These are spalted maple with the pith left in them. You can see it in pic's 3. These are finished with a couple of coats of shellac from flakes and then 3 light coats of lacquer.

Attachments

• Toothpick Holders 1.jpg
    Toothpick Holders 1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Toothpick Holders 2.jpg
    Toothpick Holders 2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Toothpick Holders 3.jpg
    Toothpick Holders 3.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 59
Those are great Bernie!

Love the way you matched the colors with the wood, the black accents on the second one go really well, while leaving them off the first one look great too! :thumb:

Thanks everyone. Yep they are a fun project. I have one on my table that I made back in 2008. I have Stu's video on making them bookmarked in case I forget how to do them. If you haven't seen it Stu has a great video on you-tube on making these. Stu on the burn lines I just thought I would mix it up a little. She picked them up this evening as was absolutely delighted with them. Just makes ya feel good when you see the smile on their face.

Thanks again. Vaughn I made a parting tool from a stainless steel steak knife that was being thrown away. Actually found it near the dumpster. It is 1/16" but only use it on small stuff like this. Have to be a little careful with it and not get heavy handed.

Thanks Rob and Les. Yep Les it sure did surprise me. I did a little CA just to be sure it wouldn't split. There were tiny cracks from the center and didn't want them to go further.