Gday from Australia

Hi everyone, :wave: :wave:

I have been reading these forums for quite a few months now :peek: and became a member a couple of months ago so that I could view the pictures that people post. :lurk:

I am loving the family atmosphere and the skill shown by all you talented folks and find all that I am seeing here very inspiring. :bow:

I spent a couple of days glued to the computer just going through Stu's Dungeon pages and look forward to seeing more. :chair:

I Live in Gladstone, Queensland, Australia (thats the top right bit on the map)
with my Wonderful wife (LOML) and 3 equally wonderful children. :bliss:

I guess now that I have come out of hiding :hide: I might be a little more sociable and chat a little more... :type: maybe even take part in something like that gadget swap?

I am very new to woodworking with few tools and experience but have started out by putting a workbench together.. seemed like a good place to start :D

Looking forward to getting to know you folks a little better. :)

Welcome to the family Davin!!! :wave::wave::wave:
Actually this gadget swap is over, but thinking there will be another if the family members like the gadgets they get! :huh::rofl::rofl:
Let's see, you are in the midst of winter currently? Any pictures of your shop or of your work?
We are glad you are aboard, just jump on in the insanity from time to time!! :rofl::rofl::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Welcome aboard! Hey, No worries, we'll be getting some more swaps going pretty soon. Seems like we have a semi regular box swap that happens. Should be happening in the fall sometime... :thumb:

Oops.. lurked a little too long to catch the gadget swap...

"Shop" is just a workbench in the carport at the moment... will try to get a pic posted of my workbench... not much else to speak of as far as "work" goes :eek:

and funny you should mention insanity... I just finished editing my Signature :rofl:

Welcome to the clubhouse, Davin. :wave: Good to see another Aussie join up and start participating. We need some folks down there to help balance things out. We get enough northern pull from Canada, so a bit of a tug from the south is a good addition. :D

Welcome to the clubhouse, Davin. Good to see another Aussie join up and start participating. We need some folks down there to help balance things out. We get enough northern pull from Canada, so a bit of a tug from the south is a good addition.

Wow... I'm a big guy and been called lots of things in my time but never a tug... :eek:

Just kidding :rofl::rofl:

thanks for the welcome.... and in time you may get used to my sense of humor :D

Welcome to the clubhouse Davin. Hows things doing in Queensland after all those floods earlier this year.

You guys recovered from them. Were you directly affected by the floods or one of the lucky ones on high ground.

Have a couple of friends in your neck of the woods from the old country they at Queensland University.

Glad you like it here, forum makes the world a very small place.;)

BTW workbench is an excellent place to start. There are loads of bench build on our forum. What wood have you got easy access to in your parts. Guessing good old eucalyptus should be in plentiful supply mate. They used to make school desks with it where i came from reckon if it can stand up to kids then workbench should be ok.