A new experience for me...Pow Wow

Rob Keeble

Well scratch another item of my bucket list. Yesterday got to attend a Indian Pow Wow.

Was a great experience and very enjoyable and entertaining.

Had some indigineous corn soup that was something i would not mind trying again. Was incredibly hot for soup but i was not going to pass up the opportunity.

Dancing was amazing especially given the heat.

Anyone here attended a Pow Wow?

Sure thing. Love them! Don't go to them often...

Always get the urge to investigate that part of my blood lines but it seems the records don't go back to far.

My great great grand dad was a Kiowa who died in Colorado of dysentery coming back from the Mexican war..

I've spent a lot of time on and around Indian reservations in NM and AZ, had a lot of Native American friends, watched a lot of dances, eaten a lot of their food, but never have actually made it to a pow-wow.

I have some native Indian blood in me from Canada. Not sure what tribe. This was a subject not discussed by polite folks in the generations before me. I would like to find out what tribe and get in touch with that part of my heritage.

I've made a couple of Pow-Wow... great fun and good food... Like Frank, I've some Native American blood from my Mother's side of the family... don't know the tribe... My father always claimed some on his side, but haven't found any evidence there..