Should'a Stayed in Bed

Interesting Vaughn.
Stu, that was cool!!
I said fake after the first bolt, his shoes or none of his clothing was smoking. Generally when it is raining, you are wet, get hit by that and you will smoke something somewhere. Let alone get up and walk THE SECOND TIME!!!

OK, I'll buy the idea that it was faked (good find, Stu), but I'll attest to the fact that a person can be thrown to the ground by lightning and walk away. It has happened to me. The condensed version:

1. Decide to add a quart of oil to truck in rain
2. Lightning hits truck
3. Watch fat blue spark jump from engine block to my right forearm
4. Pick self up off the parking lot pavement
5. Say to heck with the oil and get back in the truck

No video, but true story. ;)

A friend of mine was killed on a tractor bringing in a load of hay. Not me. When thunder roars, I go indoors! :thumb:

Too late! If you hear the thunder, the lightning has already struck... :rofl:

I've never been struck by lightning, but when in the navy and stationed on Guam, I was changing out a reperferator(tape punching machine) and set it into the wrong slot on the base.... I landed on a desk 6 feet away from where I started and I still haven't found the Son O' Biscuit eater who hit me in the elbows with that baseball bat.

The electric spark knocked a hole in the base... the base was made of about 1/8 inch formed steel... the hole was big enough to put a pencil through.

OK, I'll buy the idea that it was faked (good find, Stu), but I'll attest to the fact that a person can be thrown to the ground by lightning and walk away. It has happened to me. The condensed version:

1. Decide to add a quart of oil to truck in rain
2. Lightning hits truck
3. Watch fat blue spark jump from engine block to my right forearm
4. Pick self up off the parking lot pavement
5. Say to heck with the oil and get back in the truck

No video, but true story. ;)

Hmmm, how did that go?...oh yeah..."That explains quite a bit"...:p:rofl:

I just recalled, back in my early teens, I caddied during the summers...a group of us{caddies & golfers} were huddled under the 'halfway' shack during a passing storm, when lightning hit a tree not a hundred yards from us...I remember the hairs standing up on our arms from it...never let go of the hot dog I was eating though :rofl: