acoustics and my garage

HD didnt have any non fibreglass rolls in stock.

I did find a place close to me called Metro supply company /insulation

they seem to have a wide variety of products, just a bit over my pricing ideas, but what I want.

Im going to try to get to them monday and maybe get at least the lumber wall done for now since its the only unaccessable wall.

Rob's post just plain scared me, and Chucks idea while great, would be costly.
Im not looking to do alot of work. As a matter of fact, I basically hate the fact I even have to do this at this point, but any type of insulation might extend my winter hours a bit more, not that its really important, but ya never know. Im not up to putting a heating system in there. Thought about it, but I wont.
My overhead electric heater keeps me warm enough for the time I need to be in there.
So,back to soundproofing.
I didnt get over to anywhere today except the local blue big store.
I found a wool based insulation product and looked it up and it seemed where I wanted to be. Not very costly, not labor intensive, and will do enough for me,
Roxul, soundproofing insulation. Im sure not the best by far, but its in my boundries.
I can insulate the garage for about 600 bucks. More than I wanted to spend, but I will wait till I get a lowes discount card or just wait till black friday because theres a possibility the stuff goes on sale.
My goal right now is to get the lumber rack wall done since once I put the lumber back up there, I dont want to have to fuss with that wall again.
I wanted to keep the costs under 500, more like 300 but that was an unrealistic view.
My contractor neigbhor has half a case of the bands to hold it up in the roof and hes giving it to me for free.
I purchased a garage door insulation kit. HD wanted 79 bucks, I got it today at Lowes for 38.00 or 39.00, dont remember exactly.

My wife sometimes gets Lowes discount cards at her job and they dont use them, so Ill get it. This will cut costs 10-15% and if it goes on sale, Ill jump on it.

As you can see from the picture, I have not a bit of space to store anything anyway, and I could only haul 4 bales of this stuff at a time without worrying about the rain getting to it.

Thanx for all the help, Im not sure if this will do the perfect job, Im not really sure of anything except death and taxes, but this has to be better than DOING NOTHING AT ALL.

btw, my only woodworking the past week or so has been this 16 foot long buffet table for a party tomorrow.

I cut up 3 cutting boards I had in my home in my kitchen, and its Vaughn's fault.
I looked over his site and saw that even his simple boards seemed to be much more attractive than the boards I had in my kitchen, so new kitchen, new boards, Im going to borrow vaughn's ideas. The guy has a creative mind, why not use it.
My boards wont go to no use, (double negative?)they will burn in my sons outdoor pit.

its around 85 degrees outside and 85 % humidity today. Its bad, I have to go climb 2 trees and hang a banner I made for tomorrows party.

oh, see all that asphalt sealer in my garage, look up moron in the dictionary, and see-obese man with arthritis and other age related ailments painting driveway on 90 degree day.

Attachments

• kitchen makeover 027 (Medium).jpg
    kitchen makeover 027 (Medium).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 11
  • kitchen makeover 029 (Medium).jpg
    kitchen makeover 029 (Medium).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: