Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who...

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan

Am I the only one who...

Just wondering...do you have{what may be considered} any eccentric tendencies {habits } that are woodworking/shop related?

Am I the only one who... {<< high-lite, copy & paste and 'you too' can play }

Am I the only one who...rounds up every pencil I can find when 'one' needs sharpening?

Am I the only one who...that leaves any hand-tool used, laying out{un-put away} until the projects ready for finish work?

Am I the only one who...has a favorite #2 Phillips screwdriver{S&K brand} and will search it out in a drawer full of them?

Maybe this won't be as fun as I think, therefore I'll close with ...'Am I the only one'

OK, I'll bite.

Am I the only one who...wears Ugg boots in the shop? (My 'shop slippers'.)

Am I the only one who...has gone out to the shop in pajamas (or underwear) to shoot one more coat of lacquer on a piece before going to bed?

Am I the only one who...sees the logic in buying a 5 hp compressor to run a 2" sander?

Am I the only one who...at an age somewhere in the middle 50s has the boyish good looks of a 70-year-old?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

......Cleans up the sawdust after every operation ?
    ...... Vacuums the dust out of the air and motor vents on my sanders and routers ?
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Am I the only one..........................................

that has ideas that exceed my talent.

that greatly enjoys giving my work to others to watch the look on their faces.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

am I the only one that has given names to all my stationary machines and talks to them like they are alive?
    (My wife says no, institutions have alot of guys like me that talk to things)
    Danny the drill press
    Tommy the TS
    Morton the mortiser, morty for short
    Lenny the lathe
    Mickey the mitre saw
    Benny the band saw
    Jerry the jointer
    Petey the planer
    and I named the drum sander Sandy, only female name because she always is very finicky and has to have her belt on exactly perfectly or she doesnt cooperate, but when she does, I love her.
    Last edited by allen levine; 07-27-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Am I the only one.........................

that has to get out and hook up the stock trailer to go pick up a rented breeding bull this morning?
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    Am I the only one.........................

that has to get out and hook up the stock trailer to go pick up a rented breeding bull this morning?
    ok, ya got me on this one. did ya ever think its not the bull, maybe the other cows arent that pretty and dont turn him on?

Am I the only one who takes his favorite little knife and likes to throw it , stick it in the wall just for kicks............when something worked out much better then I thought it would.
    Am I the only one who thinks I'm normal and everyone else is strange.
    Am I the only one who has to make sure the chisel is sharp before use even if used the day before or 2 hours before.
    Am I the only one who dose not mind Black Snakes and mice battling for supremacy of the dark places in the shop.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Am I the only one who keeps a sharpening plate on the bench while using my chisels so I can take a few swipes every so often?
    Am I the only one that 8 out of 10 times will reach for a hand tool because I find it quicker than having to set up the machine or power tool?
    Am I the only one that looks at a project and gets excited when I have to scratch my head to figure out how to make it?
    Am I the only one that by the end of the workday just about every tool in the shop is stacked up in complete disarray where they were used and the wood chips are all over the place even with the dc going?
    Am I the only one that has a pair of shop sneakers with the backs broken down so I can just slide my feet in and out of them so I don't track sawdust all over the house much to the dismay of loml..?
    Am I the only one that tries to do everything myself when sometimes it would be best to get some help moving it etc instead of crawling into my den afterwards with a hand full of motrin......

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cook View Post
    Am I the only one who...has a favorite #2 Phillips screwdriver{S&K brand} and will search it out in a drawer full of them?
    Actually yes, yes you are.

Generally, if a piece of hardware comes packaged with Philips screws, I do my best to THROW THEM OUT and use Robertson in their place.

Am I the only one who has specific slots/spots for their screwdrivers in the tool box? (I can send my son to the shop and tell him exactly that the red robertson is front/left in the rack...)
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood