Brag on the Wife

Some of you know my wife is an educator. Sp. Ed. LD. for may years and a few years ago she switched to science teaching. Her master is Sp Ed. all grades. She was named Md Teacher of the year a few years back. This past year she won a trip to San Fran National Science convention for her work with the promethium board, and now she was picked to share in a week at a Behind the scenes Smithsonian for educators around the country awareness seminar. She decided to stay in a hotel instead of taking the metro every morning. I spoke with her yesterday and they did the Oceans and water table of the world. Did you know that the earths mantel hods more water then all the oceans combined ? Today they are doing palaeontology, she is so excited and I am envious of her. She knows I am a fossil hound.
Well I am happy for her to finally be getting her due

That's great Dave. And kudos for her. I'd love to teach Sp.Ed., but the paperwork is horrendous. You could easily spend more time doing paperwork than teaching!

And (don't mean to be political) that is the primary reason our schools are falling behind the rest of the world... the teachers have way too much paperwork and not enough time to do their real job of teaching.... my daughter is a teacher, 5th grade science, and that's her biggest complaint... she's a great teacher and loves her job.

My wife is a teacher as well. Middle school English and Social Studies.

I know how hard they work and how much their efforts are appreciated by most folks.

Hat's off and congrats to your wife Dave :thumb::thumb:

Congratulations to Mrs. Hawksford! I know the joys of loving to teach and excelling while doing it. The support she gets from you is priceless. I'm very happy for both of you.

Shelly got the one of the paleontologist emails for me to contact. She told him I do fossil hunting in western Md. He said that area I go to has been picked over very good. The she told him I found a set of 3 toe's imbedded in a large bolder and he is interested in checking it out. This is really cool to me. Hope to get a chance to spend some time with an expert some day.
Shelly going to get tired on me when she get home, questions questions questions LOL