The sky is falling, run qiuck

The WoodCraft in Boise was one of the best I've ever seen. (I guess I've been in 4 of them). It was pretty darn good sized and very well stocked.

And they had plenty of things that were discounted type items. In fact, quite a few things that would have made good gadget swap material...

I'm not trying to bash anyone, but I visited the WC closest to me on more than a couple of occasions, during the course of a couple of years, and felt as though I were intruding on their time...Rockler on the other hand{besides being closer} made me feel welcomed and appreciated from the moment I walked in, & every time since. It was pretty simple to decide who was going to get my biz. I understand bad days happen to us all, but when every trip brings the same results...well...

I'm also lucky enough to have a Home Depot & a Lowes side by side less than a half mile from my driveway...and yet I drive a couple of miles to a mom & pop hardware when such items are needed...may be a tad pricier, but their CS/knowledge is outstanding in comparison.

Guess what I'm trying to say is, the internet isn't the only reason sales drop.
Also, to be fair & honest, if I'm needing items that can't all be bought at one location or another, I'll usually order on-line for the time/money savings of running all around town....my two pennies!

I wanted to revisit this just a bit.

I have no problem buying online. It is the big ticket items that I like to see in person. I was working on a tablesaw deal at woodcraft. Can I buy it online yes. But when I am looking at dropping $3000 or more on a tool, I want to look at it, touch it, inspect it. That is the one thing online can't do for me yet.

I mean, you wouldn't buy a new vehicle online and say, just drop it off. Or would you?