Thread: I am becoming my father!

I am becoming my father!

When I was younger I had to handle the "technology" issues for my Dad. Set the clock on the VCR. Show him how to use the VCR about every other time. Those types of things.

I bought a set of ear buds a few weeks ago. The kind with the foam that forms to your ear canal. The left one never would fit correctly. I mentioned to my 15 yo daughter that I thought I had a malformed ear canal or something. The other day she was looking at the buds and informed me that I had put two different sizes of foam things on the buds.

Generally if I want something done quick I hand it to her or her 10 yo brother. It takes them half the time it takes me.
    Last edited by John Daugherty; 07-28-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Well I don't know about ear buds, but I do know my chair has the same magical touch dad's couch had. I can't finish a tv show in the evening before falling asleep!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    Well I don't know about ear buds, but I do know my chair has the same magical touch dad's couch had. I can't finish a tv show in the evening before falling asleep!
    Oh! I didn't mention that one, but I also have that affliction!

John, becoming your father is a good thing. You appear a good person and it reflects well on him.

Technology, well that is another discussion altogether
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    I think I'm keeping up with the younger gen quite well...I got a new Phart tone & IPEED over an enter-net deal I found using my Peacey...And I'm currently checking out a new Jeep PS so I'll always know where I am in the Wrangler. We{the Mrs & I} are thinking of upgrading to a couple of new wide screen viewers, most likely 3D's as the wife's old double D's have seen better days. I also think I'm one up over-all these new fangled devices...as I've had a green tooth, and a couple of yellow ones for years now. Oh yeah...I would mention my wifes play station I call 'Wheee", but I don't want to chance crossing the CoC line.

May the farce be with you!

I'm glad Jake is home for the summer. I save all the technical things for the boys. Jarrod mostly but Jake is so much better them him and there only 5 years apart. How much changes can there be in 5 years

Now I also have a Sweat Spot (chair) for TV. I don't want to fall asleep in it but its my com-fee tv spot.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cook View Post
    I think I'm keeping up with the younger gen quite well...I got a new Phart tone & IPEED over an enter-net deal I found using my Peacey...And I'm currently checking out a new Jeep PS so I'll always know where I am in the Wrangler. We{the Mrs & I} are thinking of upgrading to a couple of new wide screen viewers, most likely 3D's as the wife's old double D's have seen better days. I also think I'm one up over-all these new fangled devices...as I've had a green tooth, and a couple of yellow ones for years now. Oh yeah...I would mention my wifes play station I call 'Wheee", but I don't want to chance crossing the CoC line.

May the farce be with you!

I too have one of those recliners.. I can't go near it or I'm out quicker than Pat Brownson at the golden gloves tournament!
    Last edited by Rich Soby; 07-28-2011 at 01:35 PM.