I Need Small Project Ideas

I'll second the suggestion for napkin holders. I've seen a couple of types that would be easy to make.

Q&D Sketches...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Napkin Holders.jpg
    Napkin Holders.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 69
Cynthia, the base is 6mm thick, bookmatched panel. It doesn't have to be bookmatched though. The side can be thicknessed down to 2mm on a thickness planer, drum sander or even a bandsaw but the band saw method you will have to clean up one side with a hand plane. If you use a thickness planer you use a base board underneath the band as a thickness planer won't plane down to 2mm. And if you have access the drum sander method is the best. The band is attached to the 6mm base by drilling 2.5mm holes and inserting a shaved tapered dowel or just use a round head brass pin nail but in the case of a pin nail only pre-drill the wrap around band. You can also simplify it by not doing the shaker styling on the band.

Here are three photos of a rocking car. Could be a bus, tractor, truck, horse, whatever trips your fancy. Half sheet of plywood, 1x4's, screws, paint, imagination, jig/sabre saw.

rocking car II.jpg

rocking car I.jpg

rocking car.jpg

I think you will find the pictures pretty self explanatory. If anyone is interested, I can and will get the pertinent measurements. I did not build this, my oldest daughter yard sales and brings a lot of things home to dad to make. She says she is buying me patterns. Actually, she pays less for them than I could make them for.

Here are three photos of a rocking car...

Sort of straying from the topic a little, but yesterday I saw an adult-sized wooden rocking giraffe in a client's living room. It was about 6' tall, built like an oversized wooden rocking horse with a long neck. It was cool as all get out. :D