Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gasoline and the pickup

gasoline and the pickup

yeah, I know we all have to pay steep prices, and I usually never let my tank get much lower than 1/2 full and then put 30 bucks into it.

today, my dash computer said 72 miles to empty, so I figured better go fill up the F-150

it just really hit home. wow.

My favorite part is the size of the tank. My truck has a 30 something gal. Get that sucker down to a half tank and get ready.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

Yeah, my E250 extended van's tank is 34 gal. I usually put about 30 in when it is empty. What chaps me is when the pump automatically shuts off at 90 or 100 dollars, and I have to reach for the credit card...again. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Had little less than 1/4 tank today, $62.00 to fill it. It is what it is. Nephew has a Jeep Cherokee, gets 11-13 mpg, my 1/2 ton 4 door 4X4 Dodge gets that with a trailer otherwise 16-19 mpg empty.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    We had plans for a nice dinner and a movie tonight, but we blew it off after the gas gauge gave up the ghost sat afternoon...bad enough the F150 has a 30+ gallon tank, but when you have no clue it's get's dicey traveling...$$$ to fix as the sending unit's in the tank,which has to be dropped... told her we'll have to keep track via the mileage for a week or two until we get 'er fixed...the truck I'm talking about the truck

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Yeah, my E250 extended van's tank is 34 gal. I usually put about 30 in when it is empty. What chaps me is when the pump automatically shuts off at 90 or 100 dollars, and I have to reach for the credit card...again. Jim.
    Most gas stations seem to have some limit (years back it was $75) on a credit/debit card. I've often wondered, what or how do OTR truck drivers pay? (do pumps with diesel have a different limit?)

But I still pay cash for gas (average is $80-$90 every ten to fourteen days). Here we do have a joke as gas stations used to not take large bills. Now we say they laugh and ask if that is all you had?
    I still have to drop my tank (GMC from the period they are known to go bad), as the fuel pump has worked since I bought it, I am not in a hurry. (used to do that in a shop)

One of the nice things about working with my next-door neighbor is that I don't have a commute to and from work. (My 'commute' is a walk to the end of my driveway and get in the driver's seat of his truck.) I filled up my Lexus last week ($58 or so) and noticed it had been almost a month since I'd last filled it. I fill my truck about every 2 months.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Well another two weeks and I get my company vehicle back!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    Well another two weeks and I get my company vehicle back!
    Cool. Yellow with a black racing stripe. And it's so roomy, too.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Yep, but man the conditions/terms of agreement, sure do have to take the long way to work everyday!!!
    Jon