Cored Bowls

Here is a set of 3 cored bowls from a Elm blank that had been sitting for about a year. The big one is 12" X 4", the second is 9" X 3" and the smallest is 6" X 2". They are finished with Antique Oil. This is my second set cored with the Oneyway Coring system.

Attachments

• Cored Elm Bowls 1.jpg
    Cored Elm Bowls 1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 26
  • Cored Elm Bowls 2.jpg
    Cored Elm Bowls 2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Cored Elm Bowls 3.jpg
    Cored Elm Bowls 3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 18
  • Cored Elm Bowls 4.jpg
    Cored Elm Bowls 4.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 16
Thanks. Yep Vaughn dry elm is some pretty dusty stuff but actually did turn pretty well. I tried a new to me finishing technique by wet sanding with Antique Oil while still on the lathe. It really seemed to smooth the surface and came out quite nice.

Bernie, I've done the same with oil and sanding on the lathe. Worked great with elm for me too! Very nice set of bowls. :thumb:

Love cored sets Bernie and yours is no exception. I have only seen demos of the coring process and it seems to be a great way to more efficiently use the wood blank and reduce some of the time spent excavating the bowl interior waste.

Nice work!

Thanks Tom and Mike. Yes Mike it does make a big difference. I cleaned up the area just to see what would be there after coring. There was one shovel full vs 4 or 5 when doing a couple of bowls.