One small difference between Nevada and California

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
This cracked me up.

We bought lifetime hunting and fishing licenses in California before we left. It was a good deal and I applaud California for doing that.

Nevada has a cool little system where they just print out what licenses and stamps you bought onto a little card and you get it right at the store.

Seems like California is trying to get into the more automated print out method as well, but heres just a little example of the difference...

The little paper on the left is all of my hunting and fishing licenses for Nevada. The one on the right is the equivalent for California!

attachment.php

Attachments

• FWW-4239.jpg
    FWW-4239.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 101
I have my lifetime Indiana. We need nothing but a blank piece of paper for after the fact. Name, date, sex (of animal), date and lifetime number.

California = complicated

I just found the sheer quantity of plastic coated paper for the two states to be, well, interesting... And to think, in Cali, you are supposed to carry your fishing license pinned to you in a 'visible' location...

and california is supposed to be all about recycling and bad stuff from cars and such but makes 11 times the amount of plastic to do the same thing as neveda.. and to add insult to injury our state offered it once then took it away so we get to buy them yearly so the inflation can catch us..

I wish there was a life time fishing licence here but we have to go out and buy a new one every year and then add on certain tags for certain species and don't get caught with anything that you are not suppose to have. I had a crab one year that was female ( I never keep the females) that was 2 cm under the legal sized and before I could get it sorted out and returned to the water I had a 150.00 fine from a conservation officer. :eek: That was nothing as they could have seized all my gear and vehical too.

Those of us who live in California have to put up with a few oddities but we get to live in paradise. I've lived all over the US and the California coast is, by FAR, the best place to live.

If everyone had to spend six months where I live before they could go live somewhere else, we'd have standing room only. It really is Paradise.

Mike

Guys, Please don't take this down the political path.

I just thought it was funny the difference in the amount of paper for the licenses...

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. :thumb: