Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dummy Restoration

Dummy Restoration

This is a Paul Winchell, Jerry Mahoney, Semi-Pro ventriloquist dummy. I was asked to restore him from a magician friend Vanishing Vinnyhttp://www.vanishingvinny.com . He has a great trick he's doing that requires a very classy looking dummy.For the restoration we came up with a fair barter. He would design for me some important promotional material I needed for an upcoming magic show http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater, and I would restore the dummy for his magic show. I accepted the challenge and it took me about 2 full days of work to finish.The original clothes were stained, torn, and stinky! the creepy part was that their were sweat stains on his collar.Anyway, I took apart his clothes piece by piece and slowly replicated his outfit. He works great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5420.jpg   IMG_5421.jpg   IMG_5422.jpg   IMG_5423.JPG   IMG_5424.JPG  

IMG_5425.JPG   IMG_5426.JPG   IMG_5427.jpg   IMG_5428.jpg   IMG_5429.jpg  

Last edited by Mario Marchese; 08-07-2011 at 01:16 PM.

More Photos

More photos....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5430.jpg   IMG_5431.jpg   IMG_5432.jpg   IMG_5433.jpg   IMG_5434.jpg  

IMG_5435.jpg   IMG_5436.jpg  

Wow thats some incredible work there Mario, oh by the way welcome to teh forum.
    cheers

good work mario.

Now that is amazing. My daughters can sew quite well. The oldest Fina would love doing that type of thing. Beautiful work. Ventriloquism has fascinated my youngest daughter Tess to the point a high school student when Tess was in third grade gave her lessons and we bought Tess a Lamb Chop doll. Great trade.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Well done my friend............
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Very good work Mario. When you added the bow tie it made me think of "Pee Wee Herman" I'm sure your friend will be happy with the work you did and you get something for your efforts as well.
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

Thanks @Rob Keeble, @Allen levine!!

@Jonathan Shively It's such a lost art in so many ways. At a magic convention in Colon MI their was a lecture given by George Schindler about Vent. He was awesome!! George talked about the history and how to re-learn the alphabet in a way that can be done with your mouth closed. I gave a stab at it for a few days and It is really difficult! It's hard work, but when you see it done right, it's like real magic!

Thanks @Jay! maybe I should get another one and hook it up to the organ! lol

@Tom The bow tie is totally like Pee-Wee! lol

Fantastic job Mario

I like the spats on his shoes. Pretty sophisticated for a dummy
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Yes, I don't remember and Tess is at work right now (tried to call and ask her), I think she had to say the alphabet with her mouth closed using the tip of her tongue to touch the roof of her mouth to help with the sounds, think there were two letters that you couldn't pronounce correctly but putting them with another letter you could make it sound correct without it being correct if that makes sense. She was pretty good, don't know if she could do it now, think she is out of practice. I always wanted to learn to throw my voice so I could startle a kid in the backrow of my classroom!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING