ultimate extravagance, man cave

There is a guy locally whose company sold that he had major interest in. He went to the Barrett-Jackson auto auction last winter and bought 12 cars....somewhere around 1.7 million. :eek: One of the cars he got was a Cobra. Not an original, but it is a real Cobra, built and signed by Carrol Shelby. I got to drive it around the parking lot a few times. Man, that is some scarey power. :thumb::thumb: We had the cars for several months, and they all turned heads. Now this guy is not the normal collector. He and his wife drive one of these every day! If it breaks down, and they often do, he brings them in for repair, picks out another one and keeps on :headbang:. Jim.

Well, I could sit and look at those Shelby Cobra's all day. I can't even imagine having that kind of money to spend. But, I'm probably just as happy as they are.

Paul, I had a bunch of money at one time and I had a lot of toys. I managed to lose most of the money, but it just didn't seem important to go after it again. In other words, I have enough money to live comfortably. Automobiles have become a means of transportation; the desire for Voom Voom is gone.

Getting the money was very important at one time. However I cannot say that it made me any happier. Getting a new bandsaw is just as exciting as getting a new car toy. I just did not realize that at the time.

Enjoy what you have. As Jon says, My faith and my family, everything else is icing on the cake---I'm sure I messed that a a bit, however, the feeling is there.

Jim

People do love their cars... I had a friend in Houston who was of Chinese descent.. his garage was just your normal three car garage in back of his house. The floors were painted, and polished to a very high shine, the walls of the garage were finished, sheetrock and painted and he had paintings hung on the walls. His cars were a Cadillac SUV, a Mercedes sedan and his wife's Jaguar XKJ... his valentine's day gift to her the year before I moved out of Houston.