Some of my latest pens

Mack,
I don't understand how a guy who makes such beautiful pens can be such a grouch! Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed, or is your arthritis bothering you? Cut us mere mortals some slack and keep posting just to punish us.

Beautiful work Mack, as always. Way outside if my area of expertise, but I sure can see the beauty and craftmanship there.
Great to see you the other day too. Hope you get a chance to use that ac a bit!
All the best
Peter:wave:

Mack,

I always take time to look at your posts. I have never made a comment because, frankly, I do not feel competent to do so. I have never made a pen, it is one of the things I want to do in my new shop. I always try to learn from you and other woodturners. So, please do not stop posting. It would be such a loss to FW. Your work and the work of others is very special. For someone like me and other mere mortals it gives us inspiration. Because of this group I have bought a bandsaw, jointer, planer and a dust collection system so that I can challenge beyond my original goal of making some beautiful bowls.

mack, I am an avid picture poster here. I probably posted up more flatwork the past 2 years than any other 4 posters combined.
I rarely get comments past the same 6 or 7 swell people here that only have nice things to say.

I stopped letting it bother me. My children are thrilled with my furniture, I have requests for commissioned stuff and I have some people who want to pay me top wage to assit them with built ins and other small things.
I just like to share. Got guys like Larry that always comes up with a simple solution to a problem I have. I need the advice.

Your work is like what it must have been like when Babe Ruth stepped up to the plate and someone got a chance to see him bat.
Your work is exciting, never boring, always finely tuned, precision, classy, clean, outstanding, most of us just stare at them with our mouths open and say, darn, how can that guy do it every time. how does he do it.
its aw. Youve shut us all up with you skill. My wife loves to look at your pens, you might have acutally inspired her to start trying to make a pen on the lathe,

Mack,

I have to apologize. I look whenever you have new pens to show. I do it because they are beautiful. However, I have only commented once. That is because I know nothing about making pens. All I can say is that they are beautiful and that would just get repetitious.

My wife, Myrna, and I like buildings. In fact I think she is a thwarted architect. When I was getting my education in LA, Myrna would get on the bus and ride from one end of Wilshire Blvd. to the other and back...just to look at the buildings. They were eye candy to her. She did not write anyone and tell them that their building was beautiful. However, she did bask in that beauty and the beauty made her life better.

Thanks for sharing and Enjoy,

Jim