Question for the Drivers Out There

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a question for you guys who spend a lot of your day behind the wheel of a truck. How do you keep your left arm from getting more tan than your right arm? I spend a good portion of my workdays driving. My left arm looks like a California surfer's arm, and my right arm looks like it belongs to some geek living in is momma's basement playing video games and trolling the Internet. (Although, he'd be a very handsome and muscular geek, I must say.) I'm putting SPF 30 on my left arm only, but it's still way darker. Whadda you guyses do? :dunno:

You could:

1. wear a long sleeve shirt (for the left arm) and cut off the right sleeve. After several months like that your tan should catch up on the right.

2. go to a tanning salon and cover everything but your right arm.

3. drive upside down and put your right arm out the window. (you'll probably need to lift your head up with pillows or phone books to see out the front window.

4. See #1 but put right arm out the sunroof. No sunroof? Then cut one.

I thought of another one:

5. Zinc oxide is a better total block than SPF 30. Slather that all over your left arm for several months.

Last edited:
Like Steve said it's a trophy! You have what is formally known as a "trucker's tan"
If only your back and the backs of your arms were tanned then you would have a "farmer's tan"
If you were completely pail you would either work in an office or still be living in your mom's basement.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wear it with pride!

Vaughn,

I grew up near there, driving around with my arm out the window. Learn From My Fail! ;)

There's a reason all my shirts have long sleeves... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:
Even out the color of your arms with a light coat of walnut stain.

Rex wins the thread!
-1-trophy.gif

Bill, your point is well taken. As soon as the weather cools a bit, I'll be among the first in town to break out the long sleeved shirts. With my pasty white Scandihoovian skin, I know I'm at higher risk of skin cancer than a lot of other folks.

Oh, and Mohammad can now attest to the difference between my arms, since he saw them today. He didn't seem to be impressed, though. Even though he works in an office, he's still got me beat in the tan department. (He does live closer to the ocean than I do, though.) :D

There's a reason all my shirts have long sleeves...

Because you're a computer geek who never leaves air conditioning? :huh: ;)

(I work in a circa 1959 building, surrounded in stone, built of concrete... and it takes months for the place to warm up in the spring due to all the thermal mass. But they turn on the chilled water in May anyways...)

And Vaughn... open the sun roof and stick your other hand up there. :headbang: