Friday 8/ 12 Edition

So what is on your plate this weekend?

I am going to play with the Leigh and see if I can figure it out. Talking Comet and Gator to lunch today. I start back to school Monday and they go back Tuesday.

My daughter picked out the stain for the bed so I'm going to start finishing today. (minwax Gunstock)
Saturday my BIL is having a catered BBQ so We will take my grand daughter Abby with us.
I need to replace the carb on my lawn tractor. Keeps on stalling. That will be my Sunday project.

Have to go sit and watch defensive driving videos all day so I can get my final certification for my new job driving a school bus!
Tomorrow working on the armoires and Sunday a small family reunion/end of summer cook out at my mother's house! MMMMM steamers and all kinds of other goodies!!

Going to the IA State Fair today, on the clock for work while there too!:D Tomorrow to a sweet corn festival to eat my weight in free sweet corn...sunday some shop time!

Final assembly of the cherry table for delivery Monday - putting in a concrete step for a customer, BBQ with some friends coming over on Sat afternoon, and church. Full weekend!

Watch that state fair Jeff, I hear there are people in shirts and ties running around. I think it has even been on the news. :D

Oh yeah..they'll all be here. :doh: I have no intrest in that though :rolleyes:...All I need is some fried food, a couple of beers, see some BIG livestock then kick back and do some people watchin...no place better to do that! :thumb:

Hi All,

Glenn is here for four days. I am working his tush off. Since Myrna and I are a hundred years old he comes down and does the grunt and brain stuff we can't cut anymore.

In the shop we (really he) are rebuilding a place for my router as an extension of the TS.

My whole shop is a terrible mess because of the new BS...So half or more of my time is looking for a (you name it, I'm trying to find it).

Going to the lumber yard tomorrow. We will see if we can buy them out of Walnut, some turning wood and some sheet goods.

Glenn and I keep trying to see if we can wear the other person out. When we collapse we take Myrna out to lunch or dinner or something.

Enjoy,
Jim

Im taking the day off from my garage/shop insulation so I can go install my old kitchen cabs in my sons garage.
Different garage, same lousy hot and humid work conditions. Just 40 miles east of where I did it today.

Will be driving home from Chicago tomorrow, will wave at Jeff as we breeze by. I'm sure I'll have a very angry rat terrier waiting for me when we get home. May start to tear apart the engine on the Tahoe Sunday and see how bad the damage is, but then again, I may just hang out in the pool. ;)

I spent about 1/2 the day at the Iowa State Fair. We had a few problem with some units running around there. Their basic problem was no lights on the shuttle tractors. Lights now have to be programmed in as to which ones come on according to what position the switch is in. I'll be there again tomorrow morning to replace a horn. Seems like some people like to stand in the street and gwack instead of moving to the side. Then its home to work on the cedar chest.

Saturday I'm off to Bel Air to install some curtain rods. It's a little side job I picked up from one of our art-hanging clients. It was originally scheduled for this afternoon, but she had something come up at the last minute.

Sunday I'll be doing house chores and trying to work my way through more of the green turning wood that's sitting in my driveway. I picked up some very promising elm burls and olive wood this week, and I'm curious to see what's hiding inside.

Saturday I'm off to Bel Air to install some curtain rods. It's a little side job I picked up from one of our art-hanging clients. It was originally scheduled for this afternoon, but she had something come up at the last minute.

Sunday I'll be doing house chores and trying to work my way through more of the green turning wood that's sitting in my driveway. I picked up some very promising elm burls and olive wood this week, and I'm curious to see what's hiding inside.

so that means you havnt left the sport vaughn:)!!!!:thumb::thumb: