A good day

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
We attended our son's graduation from Navy boot camp today. The ceremony was long, but fitting and well done. We got to spend the day with him, he had to be back on base by 7 PM and is off to 'A' school at 5 AM tomorrow. We'll get to see him again in about 6 weeks when he comes home for about a week.

Was a beautiful day weather wise, he spend a good part of it with his girl friend, then we went to dinner at P.F. Changs, then drove over to a local beach/park and checked out Lake Michigan. Stopped for ice cream before dropping him back off at his base.

Very proud of him...

attachment.php

Was also able to shoot a couple of photos of a friends son that is a couple of weeks behind him that played in the marching band for the graduation. He was wisked away before we could say hello, but his parents were happy to see pictures of him.

Attachments

• DSCN1671-3.JPG
    DSCN1671-3.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 52
Congratulations Darren to you, your wife, son and girlfriend.
You have every reason and some to be proud imho.
Being able to serve ones country is a very honourable role. Him taking this path says he got good guidance at home to me.
Just to please my Dad i have to say ...GO NAVY :):)
Best wishes to him.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Congrats to all involved, and thanks to your son for his willingness to serve. :thumb: I'd say you have good reason to be proud.

Congratulations to your son for choosing military service. I'd like to shake his hand for graduating his training. Any chance I might be shaking his hand in the future for completing SEAL training?:D

masterlogo.jpg

movingplane1.gif

Thanks everyone, we're quite proud of him.

Jonathan, we're in the Lake Forest area, but heading out in a few minutes for home.

Mike, Never know, he's got that can-do attitude.

:wave: