Black Walnut and Choke Cherry

Mack Bolan

I just got back from vacation and returned to a war zone in the yard. A bad storm took down several trees including choke cherry, black walnut, and box elder. I have to go back to work today, and I will do some prep work.... but free wood to anyone that desires it.

I live in the NW burbs of Chicago (Crystal Lake / McHenry area) and you can have as much free wood as you would like. I have 6 large trees down. All trees will be cleared on Sunday, Aug.14, 2011. If you can't make it on that date, let me know what you are interested in, I will cut some lengths for you and seal it for your pickup later. I hate the idea of black walnut going into the firewood pile.

Last edited:
mack depending on the size of the walnut try to sell it..that is going for good money now and they are taking anything that looks like walnut right now from 12" stumps and up..

Thanks Larry,

I just thought with the expense of wood lately that someone would be able to benefit from some free wood. I am a single father of 3 and the kids (ages 3, 5, and 7) take up a considerable amount of time. I took some pieces for myself for projects that I have on my to-do list, after that.... just trying to pay it forward. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Mack

I was just up there visiting my relatives in Lake In the Hills. Got off the train In Crystal Lake.

I don't think American Airlines would have liked me taking a tree trunk with me, but if I'd had my truck I'd have been on it in in instant!

Great Gesture Mack! Let's hope some one can take advantage of it :thumb: