A "Thank You" gift

larry merlau

this was awhile coming, had many things jump ahead of it but i still got it done and delivered to the person that i had promised to repay:)

The glass was dismantled for shipping and the shipping folks got me on one panel so it has been replaced by the new owner..

but it made it to the final location in one piece and in good shape.. thanks to my buddy tom and his superb packaging skills..

so here is some pics of the "Thank You Gift" made out of some 2nd rate cherry:)
tn_jewelry box-closed front.jpg tn_jewelry box-open Front.jpg

tn_jewelry box-Left side figure.jpg tn_jewelry box-Right side figure.jpg

tn_jewelry box-Top veiw.jpg

feel free to critique all you want:)

Wonderful piece Larry. I especially like the way you included the natural edges, but kept the piece formal. Great design and as usual, for Mr. Merlau, excellent craftsmanship.

The 2nd rate cherry is more beautiful than any 1st rate cherry that I have ever seen around here.

The natural edge touch looks great and your craftsmanship is excellent.:thumb:

That is nice and I too like the natural edges on the piece. Man I just knew I should have treated you better while you and Todd were here.:D Great job Larry.

That's one fine looking tie holder Larry!

I with the other guys. Very artistic use of the wood. 2nd rate? No way... 1st Class all the way around:thumb:

WOW! That must have been some kind of a favor to warrant a thank you like that! and if that's 2nd rate Cherry , the 1st rate stuff must be beyond spectacular!

Tom you da man on the packing. I dont agree with you Tom on the pics. I think the ambassador is putting in great effort on the pics. :thumb:

Larry the unit is tremendous. The natural edge, the design the finish and the woodwork. Very cool unit. I am sure it will be put to good use.;)