Lousy way to end the day

Bob Gibson

Ended up having to bury my daughters dog.

She and her family left for vacation today. Camping up in Northern Maine. The campsite doesn't allow dogs so one of my other daughters was going to house sit and take care of her 2 little dogs.
My daughter let the dogs out in the fenced in back yard and watched as one of the dogs wiggled through a gap in the gate and ran out into the street and got hit by a car.

My daughter called me in hysterics so I drove over and found a nice spot at the edge of the woods and buried him. Needless to say both daughters and families are pretty upset. Ollie was a cute and happy little guy. Really stinks.

I'm sorry to hear this Bob. At least you were able to be there, and do right by your family. Losing a family dog is always a painful experience. Goes with the territory, I guess.

Man, that's tough on everyone involved. Sorry to see the news, Bob, but glad you were there to help out.

Over the years, I've had one dog and one cat that ended up dying while I was out of town. In both cases, they were being cared for by (separate) good friends. I think it was harder on the friends than it was on me. My thoughts go out to both of your daughters.

Definitely not a great way to end the day. These little guys sure do work they way into the family structure though, and losing them sure can hurt. Condolences.