Narrow Profile Belt

Bob Wiggins

Former Member (by the member's request)
This Sears drill press has a narrow belt (approx. 3/16" wide). I would be interested in locating one of similar width but shorter. An 18-24 inch length would be good. Does anyone know of a manufacturer or web site of these narrow belts? thanks, bob

Attachments

• MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 26
I have a few ideas, first go to your local NAPA(auto parts store) and ask them if they can order the belt for you. Second you can try dealing with sears and see if they can tell you where to get one. Or third would be to change the pulleys. Well you could figure out with company made the dp and go thru them. Good luck.
Al K.

If you have a bearing shop (for selling bearings and belts) nearby, take the old belt to them for matching. Just a wild guess, but that looks like about a 1/4" wide on the top flat?

cheers

Seems like I've seen something like that on a sewing machine.

Me, I would start at the auto parts. Not one of the chains, but find a real auto parts. One with grease on the counters. Where the mechanics go. They may be able to find one.

If you have a number on it that would really help!

My next choice would be someone like Motion Industries web site. They will deal with individuals. But you have to do some homework and know some details about the belt sizes. But odds are good you can get the belt from them.

Sears would be my last choice because they will much higher in price than one of to the other choices. And odds are it's a standard if not common belt.

Jeff