Woodworking tools arrived part 2

Kyle Murphy

Hopefully, here are the pictures. Once I finally learn how to do this I will send more.

The pictures are of my team who helped get the tools into the "shop." Clyde, me, Joe, and Alan. Second are some pictures of the tools in the shop.

You can see some of the shop in the background. The two bookshelves are from Ikea. A restaurant was closing and I bought them for about $50 bucks each. As you can see in the pictures the "shop" has a long ways to go. First step is to put down the flooring. The wiring for the shop also has to be done. There is limited wiring, the wiring for lighting has been done by the previous owner. I think I need three lines of 20 amps each (correct me if I am wrong). One for the dc, one for the lathe and other tools and one for the lighting, refrig etc. Also, the windows (3) have to be put in with shutters. We will only be going there on weekends and while security is not a major concern I still want to be prudent.

I really want to open up the boxes but I think it is easier to keep them in the original packing boxes until I have a proper home for each.

Oh, the step stand in front is from Stu. It will be put to use as a chair.

Attachments

• DSC_1019.jpg
    DSC_1019.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC_1010.jpg
    DSC_1010.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC_1011.jpg
    DSC_1011.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
That will be a nice setup Kyle, looking forward to seeing it up and running:thumb: be careful those knees till the doc gives you the OK after the replacements are done:)

Now this should be interesting! Never seen a 'shop in box' go in before. :thumb:

You've got everything you need all new at once! :thumb: :thumb:

Quite the crew you have there. Can't wait to see this come together!

Good job on the pics too, they worked out nicely. :thumb:

Yes, I will probably do that. Will be nice to do this weekend. Also, it was Jeb who recommended the Grizzly benchtop jointer. Thank you. Heaven forbid that there is any damage. The logistics of that is difficult to image.

Kyle, I hope the tool check found no damage. As others have said, good looking crew, great space, excellent tools selected. Look forward to seeing them placed and the builds that will create the benches and work areas in your shop. Anxiously waiting on your next move.

Hey Kyle,

I'll be right over to help with the assembly. (Boy, don't I wish)

At least it all got there, including the bandsaw. (Aren't you glad you didn't sell it now?

Aloha, Tony

Good for you Kyle, welcome to the forum. Your shop looks like Stus empty dungeon. ;)

I think its a delight to have a shop.:thumb: You got more discipline than me. I would have been into each of those packages as soon as they arrived. :)