Woodworking tools arrived part 2

Hi Allen,

I was not quite ready to update -- but since you asked. We went up to the house this last weekend. I checked all the tools (at least the outside of the boxes) and realized that until I get the wooden floor in and the electricity it was not a good idea to open up the boxes. Once most of the floor is in I will open the drill press and the table saw. Need those to pre drill holes in the wall sleepers(?) for the wiring and also to finish off the flooring.

I am going up tomorrow to start working on the floor.

On an aside issue, we do not actually have a view of Lake Kawaguchi from our house (except from the loft). A farmer has planted hinoki *trees in the plot of land in front. We went to visit him on the weekend to see if we could get permission to cut them down (or at least to cull them). He said that in fifty years they would have economic value and he did not want to cut them. Talk about long range thinking.:dunno: We left it open and hopefully we can convince him to let us rent the land which will give him economic value now instead of 50 years from now. So, when people tell you that Japanese plan for the long term you better believe it.

*True hinoki is a cypress that grows only in Japan. In the United States, there grows a tree that's called Port Orford Cedar (POC).

Last edited: