Flip Top Tool Table - Performax Drum Sander

Thanks!

Well, I woke up this morning and just couldn't see getting out there and working on the shed when I had this tool table 1/2 done, so I worked out there cleaning stuff up and finishing that off. Not sure I got much done, but I did get some stuff moved around.

Tomorrow I really do think I'll get out there and work on the shed... :thumb:

Now i am not sure where you were born as to whether you qualify for Yankee but that looks like good ole Yankee engineering.:D:thumb::thumb:

You ever seen the very first space capsules, they dont look like much more than gutter bolts and a few chevy seat belts.;)

I like your idea more than Glenns mainly because i got some long threaded bolts i am never likely to use. Now i just need some steel.:):rofl:

I like this cart. Definitely one gonna happen in my shop soon. Way to go Brent. Soon you wont be able to find stuff in your shop. You will be too organized. :rofl:

Nicely done! :thumb: having the dual surface will definitely extend their usage. I have a homemade roll-around cart that looks similar in size, I push it just about every where I'm working...for cut-off's from the band saw, to a place to lay my lathe tools while spinnin, to out next to the truck turnin wrenches or as a spray table outdoors or...:D:thumb::thumb:

Way to go Brent! Dining room table completed! Just need a few boards (called leafs) and viola! Sharon now has her table!!:eek::eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Seriously, those are fantastic. Keeps the tools from getting damaged from stuff stacked on them, hurting your back carrying them to and fro as well as just "cleaning" up things. Always a good feeling. Those are neat!!:thumb::thumb:

Pretty neat solution Brent. Could you have used a 1/4-20 eye bolt instead of the steel and all thread ??

That's what Glenn used, I believe, maybe a little bigger?

But I didn't have any eye bolts out here and didn't feel like driving into town just to pick those items up. But I did have extra round bar and all thread and knobs laying around:thumb:

Sometimes it seems like I've got an entire hardware store in the garage. But it is nice when you need something to have it, versus having to go and get it at the store... :thumb:

Another winner. As to the weight, I too found flipping my 80# planer to be not near the effort you would expect. With another tool on the other side (not your purpose) it is even easier.

P.s. 5/16" eyebolts on mine but, I have seen them made with sliding bolt latches, spring latches and even dowels as pegs. As long as they flip over, latch and get the tools outta the way. :thumb:

FWIW, I probably would have preferred 5/16", but the 1/4" was all I had at the time. I think it will work fine as long as I don't try and bend it too much. :D

Mine is a Glenn Ripoff

I used Glenn's table as my plan a couple of years ago. Eyebolts lock it in place.

Attachments

• Planer-sander small.jpg
    Planer-sander small.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Table smaller.jpg
    Table smaller.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 37
I'm not quite sure how this thread got bumped up. However, since it is here and since I now own Glenn's old flip table, (cart, or whatever you want to call it) I took some pics of it.

Glenn's table serves the purpose of placing two fairly heavy machines in one footprint. I have the longest run of 4" flex in my shop going to it. Because of limited space (that's why I have it in the first place) I have to roll the table out from its resting place to a more open area in the shop.

I hope this helps someone.

Enjoy,
JimB

Attachments

• Flip Table 009.jpg
    Flip Table 009.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Flip Table 003.jpg
    Flip Table 003.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 22
  • Flip Table 004.jpg
    Flip Table 004.jpg