My dad needs your help! Seriously

Ron Jones

I haven't been here much lately and most likely won't be around too much in the near future. My dad, we got the final diagnosis today, has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He and mom, and me too, will appreciate your prayers and good thoughts. He is 91 and his mind is sharp. He had to quit work in '80 because of blindness. He still has his sense of humor. That's all on the good side for him. He is too ill to go home they say and I believe it. Looking at hospice/nursing home options tomorrow.

LOML had carpel tunnel surgery last Friday to add to the mix. Nothing but an inconvenience compared to dad's problems.

Dad was pleased when I told him I have a great group of friends that I have never met that would be pulling for him. He has a nickname he picked up in grammar school--the teacher asked him if he was related to Casey Jones, the engineer. Dad said I don't know, but I'll ask mom tonight. Friends have called him Casey ever since.

Last edited:
Thoughts and prayers on the way Ron.

Seems like your family has and has always had a pretty good outlook on life.

I like our little group of friends here in the interwebs. I tell my family that they really aren't imaginary friends, and that I've actually met a few of them and they have met all my expectations.

If you need a little time away, take it, we'll be here for you when you get back...

Ole Casey Jones has some prayers coming from the NW corner of the Hoosier state!!!!!! Like mentioned, your family sounds like their heads are on straight and that is rare in this day and age. I'll be praying for you and your family and hope to see you back here soon.