Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday 8/19 Edition

Friday 8/19 Edition

Another Friday is here. So whats going on?

Myself, I guess I am pouring concrete in the morning. First project for the church mens group. It should be interesting. They all want to meet for breakfast first, then go rip out the old, set the forms, and pour the new. Old guys have no idea how to do this stuff. They take too many breaks Going to be in the mid-nineties tomorrow. They will be blowing chunks in my crete.

Shop time and home work for the rest of the weekend.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

At the moment, I'm thinking about heading out for brunch... Waffle House is my intended target, after I find an ATM. After that, I'm going to look up Woodcraft and pick up some pen kits. I Think there's one in the 'neighborhood' here in VA Beach.
    -Ned

heading into the final stretch of the armoire project. Hope to be laying on finish by this afternoon and install sunday or monday.
    hopefully find some time to work on sharpening some of my lathe tools and gathering some scraps to start practicing on before I cut into those logs.

Maryland Bowhunter Society is having our annual Bonfire weekend get together shoot and cook out. Friday night , Saturday and Sunday. I'll be relaxing all weekend.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

I'll be wrapping up another flip top table today.

Over the weekend I should be able to get back to work on my shed. Should be fun lifting all the trusses up on top of that thing by myself...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

May run to the local re-store store today and see what tile they have for the master bath project.

I started tearing down the engine in the Tahoe the other night. Going to finish that tonight and possibly tomorrow to see what the damage is, hopefully just a head gasket.

My wife and daughter are planning to have a garage sale tomorrow, which will hopefully clear out the garage, can barely fit her car in it. What doesn't sell will go to good will on Sunday or trash.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

To a friends house tonight for BBQ and beers. Shop time tomorrow to finish up a table project, pics will follow soon! Sunday yard work and hopefully more shop time.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    I started tearing down the engine in the Tahoe the other night. Going to finish that tonight and possibly tomorrow to see what the damage is, hopefully just a head gasket.
    May I suggest
    http://www.jegs.com/p/Edelbrock/Edel...79860/10002/-1
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

resting my sore bones, my brother is in from florida and will be coming over tomorrow until sunday.
    Ill have to take him out to dinner, so its either bbq or deli. (I know he likes em both)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Southwood View Post
    That would be ideal, but those cost more than the tahoe is worth. I'm just planning to get the old engine running again so I can get a little more for it. Had it listed on CL for $1700 as-is, but was only getting offers of a few hundred. So I should get $2500 if it's running right, $3000 if I keep it until winter since it's 4x4. Currently it's got coolant in #4 & #6 cylinders, none in the oil pan, so hoping it didn't crack a head and only needs gaskets.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault