Antique Overload

scott spencer

LOML and I headed out to Central New York State yesterday to visit the Madison-Bouckville Outdoor Antique Show. It's insanely large...they boast more than 2000 vendors. The tents and booths stretch for 1.1 miles down both sides of Route 20, sometimes reaching 5 to 6 vendors deep on both sides. It's just a maze of anything old you can imagine....I saw more handplanes, bit braces, spoke shaves, scrapers, old pliers, and farm tools than I can shake a stick at, plus furniture galore, door knobs, cameras, pipes, glassware, light fixtures, lamps, guns, bikes, instruments, old sports gear, and tons more. I doubt we saw 1/10th of it in two days. Bought a few trinkets, but nothing major. Highly recommended if you're ever in the area...3rd week of August every year.

Here's a sample shot I plucked from the web...it went on like this a long way in every direction:
2010-08-21-jc-antiques4jpg-8176aa44817fe55d_large.jpg

madison-bouckville-show-3.jpg
8827512-standard.jpg

mb-024.jpg

Last edited:
wish I knew about that show, the wife and I were looking for a 2-3 day roadtrip this past week and we ended up in Atlantic city, and we actually were thinking about somewhere upstate, just coulndt figure out where, so ended up on jersey shore.
coulda brought up all my chisels and got a free sharpenin.......................

Allen - 4 years ago we stayed in Cazenovia at the Brae Loch Inn for our 25th, and stumbled into the antique show by accident. This year we planned for it (stayed at the Brae Lock again :thumb:). Highly recommend it!

Ironically, my wife didn't buy a thing until we were on our way home, when we hit a couple of shops on Route 20 in Auburn/Seneca Falls/Geneva area. In fairness to her, our day got cut short when we took a lunch/cool off break in the van, and discovered we had a flat tire! :eek: So I put the donut on, and started off looking for a place in the middle of Nowhereville, (Central) New York to fix a tire... :rolleyes:

That is pretty amazing Scott. My wife saw that and made me really look at the pictures closely! She wants someday if she ever walks again, to go on the endless yard sale. After seeing Vaughn's post on the pictures, those could be neat ones to insert movement into, like the stained glass one and make it look like a dominoe set ready to fall!!! :eek::rofl::rofl::rofl: