Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is in the path of Irene

Who is in the path of Irene

With Irene heading for our east coast and a possible run right on up through New England.
    Who is in her projected path?
    What steps are you taking to deal with her and the mess she will/may leave if her current path holds true?

I have to trim some branches around the electrical service to the house, take down my shed and secure all the outdoor furniture etc.
    Get extra charcoal for the grille and dig out the camping gear for if/when we lose power.

One thing is for sure, there is going to be a big influx of turning blanks available
    Last edited by Rich Soby; 08-24-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Dunno at this point. We live just north of Hartford, CT (Windsor - the first Capitol of CT). Hard to predict at this point. There are lots of "mountains" and valleys between us and the coast of Long Island Sound. Probably get lots of rain, which isn't a bad thing. Only time will tell.

We did feel the earthquake a bit yesterday 8/23. At first I thought it was this old man loosing his balance but when we heard of the reports from others, that was it.

Stay tuned, pictures at 11:00 pm.

Emily?

I assume you mean Irene?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Soby View Post
    With Emily heading for our east coast and a possible run right on up through New England.
    "Emily"?? What about "Irene"??

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Foster View Post
    I assume you mean Irene?
    We were ready for a direct hit from a Cat 3 on Monday.....but the track keeps moving East. Looks like our friends in North and South Carolina are going to have a rough time of it starting Saturday. Heavy rain through the Northeast part of the country as well
    Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsmen can hide his mistakes!

The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by mike marvel View Post
    "Emily"?? What about "Irene"??

My niece's name is Emily and my wife and I were talking about her and our daughter going over to the vineyard with my sister for the week....
    I should pay better attention..... Yes I meant Irene

cant take down my shed, and Im very nervous with a huge limb from a very old tree hanging over it and over my garage. Could be the one storm that takes it down, I hope not.
    My neighbor in back asked me years ago and trimmed most of the limbs in her yard, then I had my gardener trim all the bad limbs over my yard.
    He said that one was strong.

If the reports by friday afternoon call for a direct hit to nassau county, Im going to have to take down my 10x20 canopy, even though I have it tensioned down on 3 sides to the fence and garage, I dont want to ruin it.
    Pain in the neck, but my son is coming friday afternoon to lay the door strip down with me so Ill have to decide by then.

I may just tie my house and anything else loose in my yard to the ipe furniture set I made, nothing moves that, it may the only thing still standing in 500 years from now.

allen you might want to look into having that limb taken down before the storm.. having it come under control is better than natures plan sometimes
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Got some pretty big trees around the house that make me a bit nervous.

But the force of the hurricane usually gets weaker as it comes up around me. we'll see.

Got the generator gasses and started just in case though.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

my wife has been home ill all week, and now I think Im getting it....not good, but I was cleaning up the yard today.
    Everytime i came in for a breather, the tv sounding more and more like this is the one in a hundred years for NY that is going to take us out.
    I have everything on wheels and carts ready to roll into the garage by friday night or saturday morning.

My wife asked me to check flashlights and batteries. I had brought home enough batteries when I closed my store to last until 2016, so Im ok there.
    Its going to be a bad sunday to have a storm, since so many kids are heading back to schools this weekend, and the parents are all going to have to come home either early sat night or wait till next week.