Look into what will be

I started this last week. I've been looking at the picture for 2 years now. My friend took this pic and about 20 of this wolf I just couldn't decided which one to do and this one keep calling out to me. Paint Me !!!! So far I have about 4 hours in. I thinking its a 70 hour painting. 24x18" I want to make some changes and put a trout in the water and not sure about the creek bank yet.
IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

Last edited:
Dave you got a talent for sure. Thats looking great. Who is getting the wolf when its done.

Perhaps oneday yu could do a pic for a raffle for our board. Then we all enter and voila a fundraiser with a great reward. ;)

I would love to see you do a nice moose with full blown antlers that point upwards and just coming out of the water and bellowing. Yeah i can see it now can you???:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey just dont ask me to sketch it never mind paint it.

Dave you got a talent for sure. Thats looking great. Who is getting the wolf when its done.

Perhaps oneday yu could do a pic for a raffle for our board. Then we all enter and voila a fundraiser with a great reward. ;)

I would love to see you do a nice moose with full blown antlers that point upwards and just coming out of the water and bellowing. Yeah i can see it now can you???:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey just dont ask me to sketch it never mind paint it.

LOL I have been looking for a Moose to do , just haven't found the one.
I did find a great pic of a Mulie to do which will be next on the easel.
Maybe you can sketch him out :eek::rofl:

Well Dave then we will never see one done. I have a couple of neat ones in my office i will try scan sometime for you to see. Moose is my favorite NA animal just a pity aint seen any with antlers yet.;) Between you guys and the locals all the heads i seen are hanging on the wall. :D

I am at about 20 hours. You guys who know wolves , how am I doing ? Working on this wolf is quit a challenge. I remember every time I took a trip out west or into Canada I would always stop and buy a shirt for my son Jacob of wolves. They are magnificent animals and doing this study I am captivated by the colors in his wet coat and the lines given to his movement.

IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0213.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

Last edited:
i just plain run out of words to use to describe it.

Whats with worrying about the hours.? You guys always on the clock.:crazy:

Just enjoy it let time manage itself.

I think you should be a full time artist. You a natural.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

I can see that wet coat as if it was in front of me. Smell would be something though.:)

Ok Dave took the original Moose photo out the picture frame and scanned it. This is a reduced resolution etc of the original. How about it? No i did not take the picture this is a present i was given by friends when they found out i like Moose.
Algonquin moose reduced.jpg

Last edited: