Look into what will be

I used to do a lot of pencil sketching of landscapes and objects when I was younger, I had forgotten how peaceful it is to lose yourself in a project like that. Just looking at your painting is a great reminder...Thanks :wave:

BTW, Beautiful work on the painting. :thumb:

Every stroke needs a purpose , I think with every stoke I go a little move crazy. LOL
IMAGE_366.jpg

One of the hunters on a forum posted this comment, I love it ! Makes me want to go home and finish LOL

I hunted and worked the woods on northern Vancouver Island. Seeing wolves was almost a daily occurance in one area that I worked. Other than the fact that North Island wolves are generally wet 24/7 because of the constant rain, you have captured the essence that is a wolf. Your painting accuratly depictes a wolf catching fish. I have watched this behavior on more than one occasion while fishing and guiding. Your use of colors and texture is spot on. Your painting sent me back in time to some wonderful memories. I thank you for this precious gift.
Sincerly,
Hank

A couple of questions.
How many hours do you actually have in this painting?
Is this a commission or for yourself or for sale? If for sale, now knowing the delicate details that go into it, what would it be priced at?
Do you get "burned out" doing a detailed painting like this?
Do you find you get more excited about it at the beginning of the painting or at the end of the painting?
What parts did you like doing best? worst?
I just find this fascinating and something I am not capable of doing but have just found the process and being able to follow the progress so fascinating. I greatly appreciate you taking me along this journey Dave. Thank you!! :thumb::thumb:

A couple of questions.
How many hours do you actually have in this painting? I would estimate this between 80-90 hrs
Is this a commission or for yourself or for sale? If for sale, now knowing the delicate details that go into it, what would it be priced at?
Jonathan it started out as one for me all my painting start out that way. As far as price I know the lowest I would take is $6,500.00. I am thinking of a way to market it. Any suggestions ?
Do you get "burned out" doing a detailed painting like this?
I don't get burned out because I know when I have had enough, sometime I can paint for hours 6-8 and sometime only 1-3 and sometimes I get things ready and sit down and just look at it and put it away.
Do you find you get more excited about it at the beginning of the painting or at the end of the painting?
The excitement never ends ! Once I start I'm in the grove, lately my pain killers see to that LOL
What parts did you like doing best? The face , the wetness of the underbelly , the bubbles and the shoreline around the rocks.
worst?
don't really think of it like that, it's more what pushes forward and what pushes back and what stands out. If I achieve this then it's all good.

I just find this fascinating and something I am not capable of doing but have just found the process and being able to follow the progress so fascinating. I greatly appreciate you taking me along this journey Dave. Thank you!! :thumb::thumb:
Thanks for asking Jonathan

Dave I almost hate to see it end. It has been somewhat like a wonderful trip watching the progress on this. I can't really explain it well, but the process of watching you work on this is almost mesmerizing. The completed work will be awesome but almost sad in a way. Your talent is fantastic....both in the painting and the guided tour! Thanks..
Garry