unwanted visitors

Frank Fusco

Opened the electrical box on my camper trailer today. Found this huge wasp nest and hundreds of wasps not happy with being disturbed. :eek: I put on a coat, gloves and facemask then squirted them liberally with RAID. No stings. Good. Will wait a while before going back. Pic little shaky, taken with super zoom.

Attachments

• wasp nest.jpg
    wasp nest.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 87
Wow Frank, that is not fun. I'm always afraid of the same thing so I try to check the vents on my camper several times during the summer. The "RAID" should take care of them though. Good Luck!

Frank i had a real funny image picturing you with the raid all covered upgoing at them wasps.

The other day my youngest son and i working on our deck found out i had disturbed a bumble bee nest without even knowing it.

There was a black bag of garden garbage my oldest had not thrown out that was lying under the deck and the bumble bees had made a hive in their. When i picked it up i did so with the top of the bag closed and then i felt the buzzing inside. Well we got that put into another bag because shortly after i saw a few holes in the black bag.

Anyhow all was fine and we now continued work on the deck. Well next thing the bumble bees that had been out gathering pollen came back looking for the hive/nest. We got quiet a few stings each as we were chased around the yard by defending bumble bees. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

My revenge was the power washer. The bag is on its way in the garbage to the landfill.:)

It was fun and games around here until we had dealt with all the returning bees. :D

I've found the best way to handle those buggers is to wait until evening when everyone of them are back at the nest, then give them a squirt of Spectracide Wasp and Hornet Killer. You can squirt from about 10+ feet away. It kills them instantly! My favorite hunting in the summer...

Hi,

In some locales the bee people REALLY want to come and get your bees. The honey bees have been dying off from something or another.

When I had my wood rack become the home of bees I called the govt. agency. They said that they did not know of anyone in my area actively seeking bees.

They also said that the best way to get rid of them is to wait until evening when they are all settled in and spray them with detergent and water. They die. That process was 100% effective in my case.

Enjoy,
Jim

My revenge was the power washer. The bag is on its way in the garbage to the landfill.:)

:D

Yeah Rob, You're going to let some poor unsuspecting schlump at the landfill get his share of the stings when he tries to scavenge from that bag.... :rofl::rofl:

I did the same thing a few years back, only with a 'possum.... I lived near some open woods and the raccoons and 'possums were always getting into the garbage... opened a can one day and there was a live 'possum in the bottom of the can... still don't know how he got in, but I left him there and set the can out for the garbage pick up on garbage day.... we had pick up once a week and the truck usually had three guys working ... one driving and two picking up cans and dumping into the compressor.... it would have been an interesting sight to see the reaction if that guy was still alive when the garbage man dumped that can... :D

Yeah Rob, You're going to let some poor unsuspecting schlump at the landfill get his share of the stings when he tries to scavenge from that bag.... :rofl::rofl:

I did the same thing a few years back, only with a 'possum.... I lived near some open woods and the raccoons and 'possums were always getting into the garbage... opened a can one day and there was a live 'possum in the bottom of the can... still don't know how he got in, but I left him there and set the can out for the garbage pick up on garbage day.... we had pick up once a week and the truck usually had three guys working ... one driving and two picking up cans and dumping into the compressor.... it would have been an interesting sight to see the reaction if that guy was still alive when the garbage man dumped that can... :D

When we first moved in here, a Rattlesnake was sleeping underneath the garbage can when the guys came to pick it up. I was watching from up at the house. I went down and helped them take care of it. The first Rattler I ever got and I used a rock...

Gads Brent! I complain about the crows. Guess I am just a wimp.

My oldest son, Greg, brought home a baby rattlesnake. He was going to keep him in a terrarium in his bedroom. He is lucky his mom only made him take it back and set it loose. We could have had a thinning of the genetic pool right then and there.

Enjoy,
Jim

Actually, yesterday, I also trapped and killed a racoon that had devasted my wife's garden. I get rid of several a year, it really isn't news. I long ago decided to leave the possums alone. After trapping, relocating or killing many-many of them for years, I came to the conclusion there were just too many to make any dent in the population. They can do damage to some wildlife but, for the most part, are natures garbage cans. I haven't looked, but I'll bet the dead 'coon is mostly devoured this a.m.