2011 Burning Man "Gift"

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
So this is my 2011 Burning Man offering to our friend that usually stops by for BLT's with home grown tomatoes on her way to burning man each year.

For some reason she hangs on to the things, even though the explicit directions are to 'burn' them. Instead She, and her camp, use them to decorate their camp.

Well, Let's see if she can resist burning this one. I keep telling her I'm going to make them uglier and uglier until she does...

Plywood base painted with Grizzly Green hammered type spray paint.
Plywood 'Arch' badly painted with silver hammered type spray paint.
The 'Man' made of maple and painted with silver 'chrome' paint.

What do you want for an hours worth of effort? :rofl: :rofl:

attachment.php

Attachments

• FWW-3346.jpg
    FWW-3346.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 82
I dont think its ugly at all. You had me going when i looked at the picture and saw the metalic look. I thought oh oh Brents been holding out on us with some new tool he bought to cut metal. :rofl: Sure had me fooled until i read the story. :thumb: Cool traddition Brent. I would not burn them either.:D

I think you're gonna have to try harder than that if you're going for "ugly". :rolleyes: :p

I completely agree.

Brent I think that I found what is your problem, you need the ti,e pressure to do things, when you have it you just make betaiful things in a snap, while when you haven't that pressure you just procastinate.

You think that that arch is crap, well I think it has a lot of freshness and quick decisions take. Maybe because you actually didn't care about the result it came out far better than you wanted, and I being completely serious about this.

If you could put yourself under that sort of pressure, and close your mind about wanting to do itperfect and focus on just doing it I guess that you
would get many things done and thre results would surprise even yourself.

Please accept this comments as a token of friendship, I'm neither trying to make any jokes nor wanting to offend you at all.

Brent I think that I found what is your problem, you need the ti,e pressure to do things, when you have it you just make betaiful things in a snap, while when you haven't that pressure you just procastinate.

Wow, Thanks so much for the kind words Toni. I really do appreciate it. I do think you have some insight there. I really do find there is nothing quite so motivating as a rapidly approaching deadline that absolutely has to be met. That is me to an absolute T.

I think the thing is I know if I had worked a little more, I could have done something nicer.

For example, I really kind of liked last years a little better...

bman2010_800x600.jpg

But my friends seemed to like this one as well. At least it was nice to have visitors here are our little isolated desert compound. :D

FWW-3355.jpg

Brent if you keep making such things they will never burn them. Maybe you should try with some material that would decay after a week or so, like bread for instance.

Making ugly things is far difficult than pretty ones. Hey! this could an idea for a forum contest! the uglies thing wins!:rofl: