Vase Series

The LOML came up with more drawings so I guess it is back to work. These are all from Elm as I had several pieces laying around that were 2 or 3 yrs old. She wanted a couple with no scallops and just plain wood. One with a lid and the other without. The other two are scalloped on with the plain wood and she wanted a red rim. Not sure about that but hey if she wants it who am I to argue especially when she told me I could order some Easy Wood Tools. The other is another red one this time with a lid. I sanded it back some to be able to see the grain. Probably could have sanded a little more but still learning this dyeing thing. Anyway all finished with rattle can lacquer. They are 6" tall and about 5" across. So I guess now we will continue the series but I told her they would have finials. She said ok.

Attachments

• Elm Vase 5.jpg
    Elm Vase 5.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Elm Vase 6.jpg
    Elm Vase 6.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Elm Vase Red Rim 1.jpg
    Elm Vase Red Rim 1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Elm Vase Red.jpg
    Elm Vase Red.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 34
Thanks everyone. I figure maybe one day I can get her out there and turn something. Anyway these are fun to make and now can start to experiment some with them.

Les now that is funny.

I hope so Ken. She is getting more interested in the design than turning but that is ok by me. Oh and I told her it would be a little easier and make a smoother finish if I had a couple of tools. So she let me order a Ci0, Ci1 and a Ci5. Woohoo.:D:D