Supernova2 or oneway

Rich i am the last of the big turners can list on two hands the number of items turned. I have only one chuck and its a one way.
When i choose it the jaws, single key, and holding it in my hands and feeling it work were what made it for me.
Other things that pushed it over the top for me was Canadian made and the adapters availble so if i ugrade from my (discovered to be junky lathe) my goodchuck could go with me.
You got a lathe yet?
That part to me now dictates more effort and research than the chuck. Oh how i regret not being a member of this forum at the time i bought my lathe. :(

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Ive had a Delta 46-700 for years. I would use it when I "needed" it for a project, I even have an inexpensive duplicator that I have modified for multiple turnings and turning from a pattern.
I only seem to use it once in awhile, and when I do the bug gets me but I have always been too busy to take it somewhere. Now that my career has taken a different path for the near future at least I have time to let the bug take hold. So. Already I am looking at a bigger lathe, I am going through the tools I dont use or havent used in a while, duplicates and such and getting them ready for sale towards a new lathe. I am just beginning to get an idea of where this new venture will take me and I am trying to plan my steps accordingly. I eventually want to be able to do this as another commercial venture. With the budget being so tight starting out though I have to be extra careful what purchases I make as there is no margin for relegating something to the "wish I'd thought that one out better" pile...

this subject seems that everyone has a certain model they like over the others. All arguments for and against have been valid from what I can see and in doing research on my own. It looks like they all will do the trick and dont seem to have any major issues. And they all look like they will be able to go on the new lathe I am looking at purchasing.

Thank you to everyone for their advice and opinions. As always I love a good learning experience!:D

Interesting threat Rich and just the right time as I just purchased the One way stronghold yesterday ( have been planning this for awhile though) as I have been using the Nova 2 for the past few years and have no complaints about it but needed ( wanted) a second chuck. Picked it up from Lee Valley store here ( Rob you need another display model :rofl:) as they have the best pricing. So far it looks like a good solid chuck and the gearing is smooth and the balance is perfect. Going to take some time getting use to the chuck key but it looks like I will be happy with this one. Now just need to start buying jaw sets again:doh:.

Well... I just ordered the SN2 from Woodcraft. I also ordered one of their modular tool rests, the post and the large bowl rest to try out and see how well that system works.
Should have it by the end of the week.
Thanks for all the advice everyone I learned a lot!!:D

Well... I just ordered the SN2 from Woodcraft. I also ordered one of their modular tool rests, the post and the large bowl rest to try out and see how well that system works.
Should have it by the end of the week.
Thanks for all the advice everyone I learned a lot!!:D

I got the SN2 about 2 weeks ago and have never used a chuck before. So far so good after about 25 turnings.....no problem with the chuck losing grip.

I hope you use it in good health:thumb: