Jet ovs spindle sander

You aren't replacing the one you restored, are you? A couple people I know owned that thing and it spent a day in my driveway!

Yes but I have been forced too. It died recently and the motor is fried, needs major repairs as in a rewind and that is going to cost way to much. Since it is a one of a kind motor there no chance of finding a replacement either. So I am watching the market for a replacement.

I have only found one person that knew anything about the brand. I hate scrapping a machine but this one is probably going to have have to be scrapped. Maybe someone can repurpose it. I am looking just looking for a replacement.

BTW here is the machine I am asking about.

okao.jpg

That is not mine, that is what I am looking at buying to replace mine that died.

But I am having second thoughts. I can buy the Porter Cable unit I was looking at and mount like a router in my table saw wing for considerably less money. It doesn't take up any more floor space. It will do the same job and I don't have an 8 hour drive plus gas to go get it.

Draw back is storing it and having to put it in the table and remove it over and over. But it's not something I use constantly either. I have a couple of tools I am going to sell that I never use so that would free up the space for it.

I got all excited about this one but the more I think about it I am not so sure that it's worth it to me. I have the floor space but I value my open floor space too. I work on large things in my shop like cars, trucks, lots of kayaks and this winter an old Cris Craft Sea Skiff will take up residence in there and be rebuilt. So I am having second thoughts and weighing the options.