Bandsaw mill was here

Sorry no pictures. I really thought I would have had time to take a few. Boy was I wrong. That thing moves right along.

Guy showed up with a Woodmiser LT40, that had all the bells and whistles. Once he got rollin, it was game time. I didn't help much, as I loaded the logs with the bobcat. I could set them right on the cutting frame.

Ended up with;
Cherry 27 bd ft
Ash 76 bd ft
Walnut 72 bd ft
Cottonwood 371 bd ft, it is for gates and stuff for the barn. I might try a piece or two later.
Cedar 114 bd ft, for a neighbor

It is all stickered and stacked in the barn, waiting for next year.

You sure make my pile of wood look like nothing. I have almost a chord of firewood, about half cut. For fun I have a couple walnut boards, a couple maplel and one small mahogany.

I also have some great small pieces from Larry M.

Now if I could just finish off the necessities in the shop. Hopefully the shop will be completely usable tomorrow. And if I could get the necessities of life under control Ha! Ha!

However, LIFE IS GREAT! That is in spite of its problems like yard care.

Enjoy,

Jim

He cut it all right at 1", cost was .25 bd ft. Not a bad deal. Amazing a person would pay someone to work them that hard.

yup they can make short work of logs with full hydryalics exspecailly if they know how to run it.. ask tom how it goes he has seen it work before:) you know you done something when its over how done the catching of the boards after they were cut steve? that guy or gal is gonna have to be moving you dont wait long for the next one:) been there done that once before:)

quessitmate on time would be around 4 hrs??

Steve was that a very small cherry log?

The only miser i have seen is at a home show many years ago. Man never mind the inside of the log i was hooked just watching the machine. Lucky i did not have the jeep with me at the time or my neighbor would be thinking i am starting a lumer mill.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Steve so you telling me to cut all that the guy only got $165 and took 4 hours?

Dont seem like much to me given he came to site and has gas and machine depreciation to take care of as well as labor and then profit :dunno::dunno:

Wish you had taken video never mind pictures:D

Oh boy i am still like a kid in a candy store coming to North America. There is just so much you guys have been spoilt with.:D

Nope only job for the day. It is more of a hobby for him. He has a real job and a $20,000 plus toy for when he is off work:thumb:

I should also say, around these parts, anytime you can clear $100 in eight hours, it is thought of as a good day.