Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gator hunting

Gator hunting

Got an invitation to go out on an air boat gator hunting in Louisianan , should be cool with a chance to meet the Legendary Troy Landry. His son's baseball coach's has 200 tags his brother lives here and I got to meet him because his son went to school with my son at FUMA. We got started talking about hunting and he told me about his brother and said ; you want a go ? Well (Hades) paraphrased, ya I do ! So even though it will cut into deer season I can not think of anything better to give up some deer hunting for. I'll keep ya posted.
    Last edited by Dave Hawksford; 09-06-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: verbage
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

So.... you going to have a new pair of boots, a vest and a wallet on a chain to go with that bike of yours

sorry couldnt resist. Sounds like a really cool trip, especially since they not only bite back but while your hunting one there may be 3 of them hunting you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Soby View Post
    So.... you going to have a new pair of boots, a vest and a wallet on a chain to go with that bike of yours
    Now that cool. I had not thought about all them accessory before but they may make me look Good ! LOL
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Sounds like a good time. I've only had gator once, was at a bbq contest as a miscellaneous entry. I didn't feel so bad when the other 5 judges spit it out too.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Soby View Post
    So.... you going to have a new pair of boots, a vest and a wallet on a chain to go with that bike of yours :
    Just make sure the Aligator doesn't end up with a new pair of boots, a vest and a wallet on a chain!
    Jesus was a Woodworker

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mooney View Post
    Just make sure the Aligator doesn't end up with a new pair of boots, a vest and a wallet on a chain!
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Sounds like a blast. Sure will be a sumptin' different kind of adventure.
    It will be hot, humid, mosquito-ee, dirty, a bit dangerous and more than just a little insane. Couldn't ask for better.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Sounds like a real fun time. A gator is probably more dangerous than a table saw though. Watch your fingers
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I got hooked watching gator hunting on one of the TV shows. 'Swamp People' I think it was. They set trap lines baited with various rotten things then came back the next day and pulled up the ropes. If a gator was attached they shot it in the head and pulled it into the boat. They pulled in some pretty big critters...12'-13'. Apparently a good market for the meat and hide. I kept waiting for somebody to get shot because things got hectic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    Sounds like a real fun time. A gator is probably more dangerous than a table saw though. Watch your fingers
    You can unplug a table saw.