Gator hunting

Got an invitation to go out on an air boat gator hunting in Louisianan , should be cool with a chance to meet the Legendary Troy Landry. His son's baseball coach's has 200 tags his brother lives here and I got to meet him because his son went to school with my son at FUMA. We got started talking about hunting and he told me about his brother and said ; you want a go ? Well (Hades) paraphrased, ya I do ! So even though it will cut into deer season I can not think of anything better to give up some deer hunting for. I'll keep ya posted.

Last edited:
So.... you going to have a new pair of boots, a vest and a wallet on a chain to go with that bike of yours:rofl::rofl::rofl:

sorry couldnt resist. Sounds like a really cool trip, especially since they not only bite back but while your hunting one there may be 3 of them hunting you!:eek:

Sounds like a good time. I've only had gator once, was at a bbq contest as a miscellaneous entry. I didn't feel so bad when the other 5 judges spit it out too. ;)

Sounds like a blast. Sure will be a sumptin' different kind of adventure.
It will be hot, humid, mosquito-ee, dirty, a bit dangerous and more than just a little insane. Couldn't ask for better. :rolleyes:

I got hooked watching gator hunting on one of the TV shows. 'Swamp People' I think it was. They set trap lines baited with various rotten things then came back the next day and pulled up the ropes. If a gator was attached they shot it in the head and pulled it into the boat. They pulled in some pretty big critters...12'-13'. Apparently a good market for the meat and hide. I kept waiting for somebody to get shot because things got hectic!!

I hear the meat is nice and tasty. Ted i also watched that show and was amazed at how small a calibre bullet they used to shoot them and it only took a single shot for those guys. Well at least thats what the editors showed but i did not see a break in continuity of filming so there must be some truth to it. Seemed if they got it in the head in a particular place it just died.

Enjoy the trip Dave. Sure will be exciting.:thumb: