80's bowl

I had a blast. B-52s were awesome, Berlin was great and the human league were ok. I didn't care for the fixx.

I have stopped listening to english music but this brought back some memories.

Sounds like a good time, Mohammad. :headbang: I've lived here for 20 years and still haven't been to any events at the Hollywood Bowl.

funny I can still hear Howard Cosell's voice announcing the sporting events....

and Mohammed Ali floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee:D

I had checked out the url to the show yesterday. The songs they had really took me back. I bet it was a blast.

I alway kind of enjoyed the Fixx. Did you just not like the songs, or did they not live up to the memories?

Brent, I had heard all but the Fixx in the past. I just didn't enjoy the songs and judging by the crowd's reaction, I was not alone. On the other hand, B-52s were a lot of fun. I like music of that era. A few years ago, we went to the Police reunion concert (expensive tickets) at the Dodgers stadium and Duran Duran's concert at Nokia center. The Police reunion concert was exceptionally good and was well worth the money.

Thanks Ken. I wonder if Ali actually picked the toupee off of his head.

Vaughn, this was my second visit to the bowl in 20 years. Both were this year. The good thing about the bowl is that you will enjoy the concert no matter where you sit. We bought cheap tix and sat in the back, yet we didn't miss out on anything. There is a picnic like atmosphere at the bowl. People bring lot of food, picnic baskets, wine etc and enjoy the food along with the concert.