Thread: Things you couldn't do if you TRIED...

Rochester Hills, MI

Smile Things you couldn't do if you TRIED...

This is unbelievable. Yesterday I spent twelve hours going through the garage and throwing out old scrap wood and things I didn't need anymore. I was loading up my cargo trailer for a trip to the dump today. About 7:00 last night I was exhausted but remembered that I had the old stake sides for my utility trailer sitting out back. I made new ones last year so I figured since I was going to the dump that I'd cut them up and throw them on the pile. On one of the sides there was a screw eye that I used to attach a bungee cord to. I laid the piece on the ground on top of some other boards and was going to cut it in half. I saw the eye and it was slightly off center on the piece but it was underneath. I consciously thought about not hitting the eye with my saw as I cut. I buzzed it in two and threw the pieces on the pile not thinking again about the eye. First thing this morning I headed out to the dump before it got too hot. I had eight yards of trash to get rid of and I unloaded all of it and headed home. I got home and was vacuuming out the trailer when I noticed what looked like a screw eye laying on the floor. I picked it up and sure enough, I hit that sucker! It must have fallen out of the piece after I threw it into the trailer.

Now there are TWO amazing coincidences here. The first one is that if I had been cutting that piece from that side and TRIED to even hit that thing, the odds were pretty slim. But I cut that sucker exactly in half! The other thing is that it fell out and I found it after throwing out eight yards of junk and that it was laying there for me to find when I got home.

Kind of a strange thing if you ask me.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Cape Cod, Ma.
    yup couldnt do that again if you tried

Amherst, New Hampshire

That's defiantly a Ripley's Believe it or not moment
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Oceanside, So. Calif. 5 mi. to the ocean
    It must be beautiful. They say, "Beauty is in the EYE of the beholder."

Actually, I guess it is only half beautiful.

First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.