Thin Kerf Blade

The only time I've wanted a blade that thin is when I was doing some celtic knots for pen making. I took a digital caliper to lowes and used it on the thin kerf circ saw blades to find which one of those had the thinnest kerf and then used that.

I guess I saved myself about $170 :eek: :rofl:

There are viable alternatives for less money, but most give up a little something in capacity or cut quality. Guess you've gotta ask how many situations do you need a kerf as thin as a dime, and 3" cutting height, and smooth cuts...

1. Bandsaw

2. A lot of 7-1/4" circular saw blades have a kerf of ~ 0.059" and cost < $15. The downside is that you give up some blade height capacity.

3. Tenryu makes an ultra thin kerf 10" blade with a kerf of 0.079"...that's wider than the Total Solutions blade by 0.017", but costs a lot less too.

Splitter width is a concern too...

Scott, they have a splitter on their site for their blade, Now what's your excuse:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Chuck

Me: "Honey, I'm going to buy another saw blade and special splitter".

My wife: "How much is it?".

Me: "It's only $175 plus the cost of the splitter...oh, and probably some s/h"

My wife: "What?!"... "what's wrong with the other 58 saw blades you already have, and didn't you just spend $100 on a BORK riving knife for your saw?"

Me: "Well, this one's thinner"

My wife: "Why does it cost MORE, if it's thinner?!"

Me: "Probably because it's owned by two guys instead of one...plus it's made in the US".

My wife": "So is the shovel they'll be using to dig your grave if you spend that much on a blade and splitter!".

Me: :thud: