Had a visit from the police this morning

Rob I think I would have to put one of them load competition mufflers on a chain saw and proceed to cut my wood in the front yard :rofl::rofl:

Little similar story except dealing with deer hunting :huh: I hunted this property for 10 years. There is this wak-o who always called the cops about me hunting there and I had permission. So the cops stopped responding till one day she called and told them I had a gun ( this is a bow only area) I guess she either saw the stock of my crossbow or figured out the police had to respond to any call about a gun. So I saw the cops pull up and not to get my guest hunter involved I walked out to them. Even though they knew me they trough me against the car and searched me. Then they asked me where my gun was, I showed them my crossbow and said this is a bow only area guys you know that. I then told them I know who is calling and you need to go tell her if she makes one more harassing call I will field dress all my deer and have all my friend field dress their deer at her back fence and we were taking 50 - 60 deer a year. I never got another visit from the boys in blue. :D

we need to pack em in to make the density such that the amortisation of the subdivision development fees go as far as possible for the developer to recover the costs.
We have one of the largest land masses in the world and in modern times have found it neccessary to pile on top of each other like rats in a lab cage

I'm going a bit OT here, but where I live in Southern Ontario (and I've seen the same in Toronto area) I notice that the newer subdivisions are packed in tighter and tighter. The builders think that they have big lots when they advertise 50ft wide lots. And the lot depth is smaller also.

In contrast, I've visited areas in MI and other parts around there where the new subdivisions seem to feature, on average, wider lots than what we're getting.

I wonder what it really is like in other parts of the country. I like being able to bike to work, but I also don't like how packed in the houses are getting.

I guess, if you don't want to live in a sub div, don't. I pay the consequences when I have to drive a ways to work, to a big box store, or make my purchases on the internet, and may not have all the cultural activities that come with more urban settings, but to me.....it is worth it.

Rob, no offense to you. I feel for your situation. But if folks stop buying homes in tight sub div quarters, then the developers will stop cramming us in them.

These days municipalities require all subdivisions to have an HA.

This is probably the scariest thing I have read in this thread . . .

Rob - I feel for you and your situation. Hang in there - they say karma's "something that is extremely difficult, objectionable, or unpleasant"! NN is likely to have Karmageddon unleashed on him at some point . . .

Cheers

Jim

Last edited:
This is probably the scariest thing I have read in this thread . . .
Jim,
I designed subdivisions for many years, and still do (but not nearly as many in this economy). Today's sustainable development standards would scare most folks who were raised without restrictions in a single family home on a nice piece of land. Those were the good old days and they are rapidly disappearing as cities expand and farmland gets gobbled up. Some of these HA documents are more than a hundred pages long and give the HA supreme power over all inhabitants. Now that's scary.

My neighbor gets mad from time to time. That's him, well maybe her over there. You can almost see them waving. Look just about where the ground stops and the sky starts.

picture.php

Steve :rofl::rofl::rofl::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: Not too long now for me.;)

I agree Ken. What was a need to be here aint any longer so time will tell.

Ted i think a HA would do it for me quicker than the NN. I have never encountered that concept in my life. Read about it in American detective novels where the guy lives in an apartment complex but i would be totally nuts in a second if the HA had my NN as the chief enforcer as the HA authority in this subdivision. :rofl:

Chuck i like your idea even better.:thumb:

NN without a HA are one thing, NN WITH a HA can really cost you money, even based on bad information.
We had a NN in this neighborhood, that was commonly referred to as Mrs. Kravitz (from Bewitched). Her mom lived here till almost 101 when she passed. We all helped her mom, but all we could do was laugh about how this person who complained about a lot, and called everyone for BLOCKS to find out what was going on, or why she read this in the paper and such, and just kept on being that way. In part it was she was lonely (we knew it).

But seeing them has their advantages. I know what I don't want to grow old and be like.

I've had a house and 30x60 pole barn and attached two car garage and 31 acres for sale South of my farm I've been telling him about. I think he is afraid of becoming a Hoosier Steve.:eek::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Steve, that's some nice country out there. I still have relatives that live east of you (Corydon/Georgetown). My grandfather had a 160 acre farm in Fredericksburg, that we would visit as youngsters for vacation. Grandpa would always put us to work during our "vacation" when it was time for the hay or tabacco to be harvested. We tried to hit the off season one year so we could just sit and rest but he ended up putting us out in the fields clearing rocks. When he passed, a cousin bought the farm and divided it into 40 acre (with the house) that went to an Amish family and the 120 acre left over he kept. Amish are some of the best neighbors.

Rob