Master bedroom built in armoires

Rich Soby

This is my latest project. A pair of armoires and a closet door for a friends master bedroom.
We just finished installing them and he has a little touch up to do where we installed the trim and such.
The closet door is all mortise and tenon construction.

Armoires001.jpg

Thanks guys!
Jonathan, I borrowed elements from the dresser you can partially see in the left of the picture. (mainly the coveand the base detail) And we were trying to make it look like a piece of furniture. How I resolve the dust issue is that about 3-1/2" back there is a black toe kick that "disappears" once the furniture base goes on.
You can just see the line in the picture.

You've done this a time or two, huh Rich? :D Very nicely done, and I think the hidden dust bunny fence is a great idea. :thumb:

If I ever build my own house, I want to have quick-connect compressed air outlets in every room. Great for chasing dust bunnies and blowing the dead bugs out of the ceiling light fixtures. Bunch of kid's toys in the living room? Blow 'em all into the playroom, or even under the couch if you're in a hurry. :rofl:

Now that is an imaginative solution Rich!!! I looked at it, finally decided the weird stain on the corner was your shadow taking the picture and so didn't make a decision on what I was seeing under it. Great solution! Again, beautiful work, I love the "tunnel" aspect of walking in that doorway with the overhead skylight. :thumb::thumb: